The US Games encyclopedia

WillieHewes

The Simple Tarot has been invited to join the US Games tarot encyclopedia. I'm happy, but wary, I don't know the encyclopedia and I'm not sure what to expect.

Has anyone else here been invited? (I know most of you are still working on decks, I was just wondering.)

There's another thing that bugged me. The email said 'we found your designs online', which probably isn't a lie, but I sent them an email ages ago offering my designs for publication, and they never bothered to get back to me. And now they just happened to find me? Hmmm...

Am I being paranoid?

HudsonGray

If this is #4 of the Encyclopedia of Tarot, it's legit. They try to put in a large number of new decks, both newly published, artist published & some that are still in the works. It's an excellent resource, the previous 3 books are great.

LittleWing

this could be a good opportunity - just make sure you read all small print!!

WillieHewes

Thanks, yes, it's for the fourth edition. I suppose I should go for it... Part of the problem is, littlewing, that there isn't much in the way of small print. The e-mail just says: you won't get paid, but retain the rights to your designs.

That sounds fair enough, but where's the page-long tiny lettered agreement? :joke:

Two of Wands

I think it's a great chance - go for it!

Major Tom

Two of Wands said:
I think it's a great chance - go for it!

I couldn't resist seeing this quote. Anyone hear an echo? :laugh:

I'm curious are your emails from Stuart Kaplan himself? :eek:

Two of Wands

:) well I can see why you might think that! No I just think any type of Tarot image compendium is a good thing, they make for fantastic historical records, are fun to learn from and discover new decks, and I think it's important that as many decks as possible get registered in these things.

Major Tom

Two of Wands said:
:) well I can see why you might think that!

I agree with you. Can you hear the echo? :laugh:

It's an opportunity not to be missed. })

LittleWing

i suppose - WH - that you should make sure that you have copyrighted all your work properly - and as long you do not sign anything away - it sounds fine.

Jeannette

Willie:

Speaking as a reseller, I can tell you truly from personal experience: if your deck appears in Kaplan's Encyclopedia, customer demand for it will increase -- possibly substantially. Rightly or wrongly, decks that are included in the Encyclopedias are often perceived as being more "collectible" than those that aren't.

If you make your deck available to resellers at a quantity discount, email or PM me. I'll take some. ;)

-- Jeannette
http://www.tarotgarden.como