The Victorian Romantic Visual Journaling Study Group - The Fool

HearthCricket

baba-prague said:
Oh! That looks amazing. Are you going to focus on certain cards or readings or do something looser? I think I need to begin going through our books again. This is quite inspiring - thank-you!

So, I had to pull out the rubber stamps and play just a bit more. This is what it will sort of look like, page by page. I am really trying to get into more layering, too, but can't do too much or the book won't close! Thus, here we have the Fool, which reminds me always of childhood, travelling, setting out on a new adventure, the Fool's Journey, with the sun shining and not having the slightest idea where it may take you, but a journey that must be taken, nonetheless! With some dangers, too...thus Humpty Dumpty! :D

Bat Chicken

700 rubber stamps?? Wow. The ones I have seen are beautiful , but soooo expensive... :(

Your journal looks gorgeous, HearthCricket.... Inspiring!

I have been playing around with the b/w high rez images baba posted on the site for the VR. Not ready to share yet....! ;)

HearthCricket

What kind of glue are you going to use, Bat? I am new at the whole collaging thing. The rubber stamp collection is a leftover from my days of publishing a Victorian styled literary newsletter, so I have a lot of those to work with. But I need to find a way to get my images stuck to the paper. So far everything you have seen is stickers! I am presently working on the various aspects of The Magician!!

Bat Chicken

I am actually using a glue stick. It is not wet like a lot of craft glues, so it won't pucker the paper. UHUstic? Washes up with soap and water....