There is no miss cleo

purplelady

I saw this on the news a few days ago-there is really no miss cleo! A man who has made millions started and owns the company. The miss cleo you see on commercials is really just a paid actress . If you were to call her tarot line, obviously you wouldn't get The miss cleo to give you a reading. How could one woman possibly read for all the people who call in? But they make it look like miss cleo will indeed read for you personally if you call!

marichan

Quote:purplelady (28 Nov, 2001 06:47):
I saw this on the news a few days ago-there is really no miss cleo! A man who has made millions started and owns the company. The miss cleo you see on commercials is really just a paid actress . If you were to call her tarot line, obviously you wouldn't get The miss cleo to give you a reading. How could one woman possibly read for all the people who call in? But they make it look like miss cleo will indeed read for you personally if you call!

He's made millions!? That's the truly frightening part.

I think Dionne Warrick is to blame - she spent the better part of the early 90's convincing an entire nation that you need to spend $3.99/minute for a tarot reading.

tarotbear

***looking around***

Wasn't there someone on this forum who worked for Miss Cleo's hotline?