Things to go into a Spiritual Journal

mollykins74

Keeping a Spiritual Journal is a helpful thing to have along our joiurney:

What kind of things go into it?

1. things you sense around you (observations)
2. places you've been and what you draw from them
3. insights you've had along the way
4. prayers you've prayed (formally-written, poetic, or said)
5. special things that others have written or said.
6. ways you've surprised yourself.
7. things you've discovered while looking back in the journal.
8. that which comes to you while meditating on something.
9. Readings for yourself
10. Experiences from readings done for others

Does anyone else have any ideas, suggestions?

BrightEye

Dreams - and how they relate to readings and all the other points you've mentioned.

CandyApple

Good list. I tried to do the sperate journals for everything...The Tarot Jornal, the Dream journal, the psychic journa. I gave up an I just use one big spirial folder. LOL

I think I'll print out you list if you don't mind.:)

Milfoil

So far I've just used a nice, bound notebook but I've been thinking about taking notes in a more serious way. My next book will be loose leaf (to allow for future inclusuions of relevant material, photos, newspaper clippings, drawings etc) with my initial thoughts on the left and the right page left empty for future observations which relate to the the left page. The whole will be divided into sections such as Tarot, Dreams, Spirit encounters/messages, etc.

This is such a useful thread, I'd love to hear other peoples thoughts which we can include in our own notes.

Thanks for posting it.

Cerulean

Scrap images.

Small fragments of newspaper, magazine, sketches--sometimes you receive a spare art or advertising card or see something in a flyer.

Keep it in the journal. Make a note what it reminds you about.

It's your own 'keepsake'.

I grabbed a Ginko leaf that floated down, for it's turning yellow-gold now. They seem to keep their shape and texture for a long time.

One leaf among many is like one flower in a great field. One leaf in your journal might be a significant reminder of a glimpse of a beautiful day.

Cerulean

psychic sue

I would definitely recommend keeping a journal. I have one, and things that seemed to make no sense six months ago, all seem to be drawing together now and I can see a common thread. It's a great tool - your list and the other suggestions sound great.

Good luck.

Sue x

zorya

because this is not a divination topic, it will be moved to the spirituality board.

so that our participating non-subscribers may read the responses, it will remain here for 24 hours before moving.

bright blessings,
zorya
moderator, divination