This seems a little too good...

EmpressArwen

Question: How are the next month and a half going to go...financially speaking? The holidays have me nervous since my husband isn't working and savings is almost gone.

The World, 5 of Pents, 10 of Pents

Hmmm...

The World - I would see this as a good sign...enough money being available for all? Pretty confused about this card here to be honest.

5 of Pents - someone helping us out? We actually have had a lot of help but since this was asking about the next 6 weeks or so, more help coming in? I would normally read this as me helping someone else out financially but I can't see that as possible unless I win the lottery tonight or something.

10 of Pents - I always associate this card with a stable financial situation or bigger money coming in

So I feel like this is pretty positive which I have to admit makes me feel a bit skeptical. Any thoughts on this?

Amanda

How are the next month and a half going to go...financially speaking?

I saw this combination and thought a large organization like the Department of Job and Family Services might be able to help you. Perhaps you could apply for some food assistance, and that will allow some of your cash to be freed up and stretched further for larger bills (10) - (they might be able to help with some job opportunities as well). The 5 + 10 makes me think of 'making a little go a long way'. The 5 speaks of discomfort. But the World + 10 might be pointing to a large organization like this, that perhaps you're not thinking of or seeing how it could be of help to you (5).

Just some thoughts..

EmpressArwen

Interesting! I highly doubt we would qualify for assistance (such as food assistance)...but what you said made me think of unemployment benefits, which I've been telling my husband to get but stubbornly he hasn't done it yet. He said he would apply next week, so maybe it will be more than we think or it will ease the situation enough to get us through until he finds employment.

Thank you!

Amanda

Interesting! I highly doubt we would qualify for assistance (such as food assistance)...but what you said made me think of unemployment benefits, which I've been telling my husband to get but stubbornly he hasn't done it yet. He said he would apply next week, so maybe it will be more than we think or it will ease the situation enough to get us through until he finds employment.

That would fit with the World + 10, I think! :)
You know what I would do, "Babe, just take some down time and look for a job after the new year. But in the mean time, go apply for unemployment benefits."

10 of Pentacles is a good Christmas card for me too... things might start looking up after Christmas/New Year (especially since it takes the World a year to travel around the sun, could be another indication for the new year). It really is just hard to get a job this time of year I think; employers usually aren't even thinking of it until after the holidays have passed.

Just some more thoughts! :)

seaglass

Question: How are the next month and a half going to go...financially speaking? The holidays have me nervous since my husband isn't working and savings is almost gone.

Hmmm...

The World - I would see this as a good sign...enough money being available for all? Pretty confused about this card here to be honest.

5 of Pents - someone helping us out? We actually have had a lot of help but since this was asking about the next 6 weeks or so, more help coming in? I would normally read this as me helping someone else out financially but I can't see that as possible unless I win the lottery tonight or something.

10 of Pents - I always associate this card with a stable financial situation or bigger money coming in

So I feel like this is pretty positive which I have to admit makes me feel a bit skeptical. Any thoughts on this?

Sometimes we're blessed in life, and you just have to accept what the world wants to give you with an open and grateful heart. So I think the World is saying that you'll be ok with both the giving and the receiving -- you're going to be fine.

EmpressArwen

That would fit with the World + 10, I think! :)
You know what I would do, "Babe, just take some down time and look for a job after the new year. But in the mean time, go apply for unemployment benefits."

10 of Pentacles is a good Christmas card for me too... things might start looking up after Christmas/New Year (especially since it takes the World a year to travel around the sun, could be another indication for the new year). It really is just hard to get a job this time of year I think; employers usually aren't even thinking of it until after the holidays have passed.

Just some more thoughts! :)

I am really hoping for a better 2015! Thank you so much for all your help. I like your interpretation of the World too.

EmpressArwen

Sometimes we're blessed in life, and you just have to accept what the world wants to give you with an open and grateful heart. So I think the World is saying that you'll be ok with both the giving and the receiving -- you're going to be fine.

Thank you! I am definitely working on my gratitude for what I have instead of being so focused on the lack.