Thoughts on accidental rune reading?

BrightEye

We went to Belfast the other day for a day out. I love going to Belfast. Did some shopping and bought - on the spur of the moment - a set of runes. I have absolutely no experience with runes but felt very drawn to this particular set.

Back home, I take the runes out of the box to have a look at them and read a little in the LWB. I didn't intend to do a reading there and then, but after I'd put everything back in the box I noticed I'd accidentally forgotten two stones, which were still on my lap:

Othala and Uruz

I thought that I might take this as a message and looked up the meanings. Othala, from what I gather, suggests 'that you need to find where you are at home. Returning mentally or physically to a place where you feel comfortable, and where you can be yourself' (from Umbrae's meanings here). And Uruz seems to be about strength, healing, life-force and protection.

I wonder whether the reading was referring to my day trip and the fact that the place made me feel good? Finding where I feel at home is a big theme for me. I keep wondering about the notion of ancestral home. Though as far as I know I have no ancestral links to the island of Ireland.

Any thoughts?

danieljuk

hi sweetie,
I would interpret this as - how can you realign your values (Othala) to bring you stronger or bring strength to your life (Uruz which is the Wild Ox). Uruz is also manifestation as well as strength.

If you think it's linked to your day out, what of the day do you think matches this? This is a change to match your values and dreams, it will make you happy! There might have been a clue about your visit to Belfast, did you do something you really wanted?

I wanted to give an alternative take to trigger other ideas but your interpretation is great! I must get out my Runes again, I started divination with them in my teens ;)

:love:

BrightEye

hi sweetie,
I would interpret this as - how can you realign your values (Othala) to bring you stronger or bring strength to your life (Uruz which is the Wild Ox). Uruz is also manifestation as well as strength.

If you think it's linked to your day out, what of the day do you think matches this? This is a change to match your values and dreams, it will make you happy! There might have been a clue about your visit to Belfast, did you do something you really wanted?

I wanted to give an alternative take to trigger other ideas but your interpretation is great! I must get out my Runes again, I started divination with them in my teens ;)

:love:
Thank you, Daniel. The trip itself was what I really wanted to do. For some reason I feel more at peace and settled up there recently than I do down here where I live. But that could also have to do with getting away from work and routine and may not be related to the place at all (though I wonder...).

danieljuk

I wonder why you felt more at home there than where you live? I know it's a day away from usual life (perhaps you need a holiday :D ). But I like your idea about finding that place but sometimes we have to change things in ourselves where we can feel happiness or able to live our dreams. Like the person always travelling around the world searching for "home", there is a location physically but also an emotional feeling inside ourselves. How can your home now feel like home? Perhaps also this is a call to study your ancestry or your spiritual ancestors?

I feel my spiritual home is in Wales but I have never lived there. One side of my family ancestrally is from there and sitting by the sea on the West Coast is the most spiritual place for me in the whole world. Yet I think London is my home and I don't want to leave here! I think this random message might be about finding a quality which makes you feel more homely where you are now!

BrightEye

Yes, I think it's about finding that place in the self in some way rather than in a physical location.