Tingle from tourmaline

Tychorian

Hello folks

I'm wearing a green tourmaline bracelet on my left hand. Thing is,within 1/2 hr I will feel a tingling sensation at my finger tips. This is the 1st time I'm using crystals. Is this normal? What is actually happening?

I feel ok when I switch it to my right hand.

regards
D

catlin

Yes, this may indicate that the stone works for you.

Is the tingling agreeable or do you feel uncomfortable with it?

Tychorian

Been wearing it for weeks now. It the beginning I get uncomfortable tingles on both hands. I was also wearing a green tourmaline (GT) pendant. The pendant makes me feel nervous and edgy and I had to take it off after a few hours of wearing.

I think my GTs have stopped fighting with me. It feels like any other jewellery now. :)

Chronata

Hi Tychorian!

Yeah...how strange...I had the same exact thing that you describe...a tingling sensation that was sort of numbing in my hands...when I wore tourmaline as well!

But for me anyway...it only happened when I wore the raw crystals (not the cut and polished pieces) and only if I wore more than one at a time..

It WAS like they were "fighting" ...or like there was magnetic kind of repelling between the stones or something...

I have a watermelon and a green tourmaline, that I don't keep near each other!

Huh...I thought I was only me!

Tychorian

Hey! Glad to know that someone else had the same expereince. Thought I was hallucinating! I'm an engineer and a natural sceptic (google "apophenia" :)).

Yea 'numbing' is the exact word to describe what I felt at my finger tips. Funny thing is my GT bracelet is rather loose and does not constrict at all!

LadyMedusa

Make that 3...

Green Tourmaline is a problem child for me too. I have a Green Tourmaline pendant that doesn't like Hematite. I can't wear it with either my pentacle necklace that has H beads on it or my H earrings. If I try to wear any combination that includes the GT, my neck and throat get a pins and needles feeling. If I don't remove one or the other of the stones, I end up with a sore throat. It seems to be a stone with ATTITUDE.

LadyMedusa