Tips for self love and awareness

Jude

I have recently been asking the universe to help me out of an emotional rut and am now thinking I am asking the wrong question and am therefore not being given an answer or any guidance. I awoke several mornings ago with a strong feeling that I am asking for the wrong thing. I started my day asking the universe to help me love myself more. To give me the confidence to move on from my emotional upset. To allow my self to exude love and inspire or help others.I have been doing this daily since. I wondered if anyone had anymore effective ways to achieve this? I'm interested in whatever your thoughts are. In the past I have worked with paper messages and candles as well for other needs. Im open to any suggestion. Thanks.

Siochanai

I do not think magic is really a effective technique for this if I understand you correctly. I feel strongly when in such a flux magic can make it worse or become dangerous because emotions bring intent and power. I think first you should try to find some grounding. A sweet whisper in the chaos. Once you become more grounded you should focus all your energy at all the good you have done in the past. All the things you have succeeded with. This usually can create that initial emotional flip one needs to bring yourself back to a place where you are proud to be who you are. Hopefully this is helpful I have been there many time myself.

Jude

Do you consider a daily affirmation/prayer as magic too? Thank you for your comments. It helps to know I'm not the only one who has felt lost. I know my worth, I just feel like when you try and repeatedly fix something and its not working..maybe you need to return to the source. Maybe just maybe it's me:) I guess what I'm looking for is a way to discover what it is I am missing. Just feel like there is something that no matter how hard I try and find remains elusive. Maybe I should just stop looking:) but that's essentially what my stubborn nature won't let me do..that is what I'm needing help with. Giving up. :)

zhan.thay

Hi, I'm not sure if it will have any relevance for you but I find that I not only have to set intentions but start acting to fulfill those intentions even in the smallest ways. I have been through some emotional disruption since just before Xmas and really, compared to other people's troubles it was pretty insignificant. However, my work ethic, my willingness to cooperate with people and my basic approach to my practice as a Buddhist were all subject to some harsh judgement and it upset me for the last couple of months. It may not have if I wasn't already vulnerable from a period of stressful circumstances that had lasted for more than four years.

So firstly, I ended the association with the person concerned but I also started putting more effort into my personal practice which involved learning an aspiration prayer off by heart and in my everyday life I concentrated on acknowledging the small achievements - getting the household chores completed and feeling a sense of accomplishment after each one for instance. Also I made sure that I kept up and reinforced the other social engagements with people I knew to be positive and supportive and that I remained focussed on keeping appointments.

It is said that if you put out your intention to the universe that it will manifest the fulfillment of your intention if it is in attunement with the intention of the universe. In my experience, intentions must be demonstrated by actions and then if events and circumstances align themselves and things start to come easier (and I am aware enough to notice it) I know I'm on the right track.

Sorry for talking so much about my own situations but I hope that some of it may resonate with you and I hope it helps. All the best

Siochanai

Best advice I can give is not to give up. Keep looking it might not be obvious but the answers are waiting for you to see them. That is the best I can give as I am really not the person to give spiritual advice as my spiritual life right now is like a 747 hitting a train carrying combustible gas. So you are not alone in this sort of endeavor and I am sure there are many in our boat.

GotH

I do not think magic is really a effective technique for this if I understand you correctly. I feel strongly when in such a flux magic can make it worse or become dangerous because emotions bring intent and power. I think first you should try to find some grounding. A sweet whisper in the chaos. Once you become more grounded you should focus all your energy at all the good you have done in the past. All the things you have succeeded with. This usually can create that initial emotional flip one needs to bring yourself back to a place where you are proud to be who you are. Hopefully this is helpful I have been there many time myself.

I agree with the above strongly. Everyday look at yourself in the mirror and remind yourself of something you have achieved and are proud of. Surround yourself with loving and caring people. Step back from those who try to bring you down. Buy yourself some rose quartz, it really does help. Tell yourself everyday that you are worthy of love in abundance. :)

Jude

Best advice I can give is not to give up. Keep looking it might not be obvious but the answers are waiting for you to see them. That is the best I can give as I am really not the person to give spiritual advice as my spiritual life right now is like a 747 hitting a train carrying combustible gas. So you are not alone in this sort of endeavor and I am sure there are many in our boat.

Great description for trouble. I hope its not going to explode and if it does thst you find a quick extinguisher;) I honestly feel like maybe this is just what I needed. It really helps to know that were all not as alone as sometimes we perceive. Thank you for your words. I feel blessed already!:)

Jude

Hi, I'm not sure if it will have any relevance for you but I find that I not only have to set intentions but start acting to fulfill those intentions even in the smallest ways. I have been through some emotional disruption since just before Xmas and really, compared to other people's troubles it was pretty insignificant. However, my work ethic, my willingness to cooperate with people and my basic approach to my practice as a Buddhist were all subject to some harsh judgement and it upset me for the last couple of months. It may not have if I wasn't already vulnerable from a period of stressful circumstances that had lasted for more than four years.

So firstly, I ended the association with the person concerned but I also started putting more effort into my personal practice which involved learning an aspiration prayer off by heart and in my everyday life I concentrated on acknowledging the small achievements - getting the household chores completed and feeling a sense of accomplishment after each one for instance. Also I made sure that I kept up and reinforced the other social engagements with people I knew to be positive and supportive and that I remained focussed on keeping appointments.
This is very helpful to me as it reminds me..just one day at a time! And that sometimes forcing focus is the best thing to do. Just keep busy!
It is said that if you put out your intention to the universe that it will manifest the fulfillment of your intention if it is in attunement with the intention of the universe. In my experience, intentions must be demonstrated by actions and then if events and circumstances align themselves and things start to come easier (and I am aware enough to notice it) I know I'm on the right track.

Sorry for talking so much about my own situations but I hope that some of it may resonate with you and I hope it helps. All the best
I'm beginning to understand that maybe the people and things I have relied on for so long for happiness...perhaps are the very things I have to leave behind in order to move forward and find what it is I'm looking for:) maybe the universe can't deliver until I've proved I can put the work in! Honestly thank you. I'm glad you shared your story with me.

Jude

I agree with the above strongly. Everyday look at yourself in the mirror and remind yourself of something you have achieved and are proud of. Surround yourself with loving and caring people. Step back from those who try to bring you down. Buy yourself some rose quartz, it really does help. Tell yourself everyday that you are worthy of love in abundance. :)

This is exactly the affirmation I was looking for! And the rose quartz too was again the type of thing I was interested in and exactly the kind of tip I needed:) Thank you very much for listening and taking the time to reply. You all made my lonely go away today:) :)