Torn between two decks...

mr.cleo

I'm planning on buying 2 new decks. I'm stuck between these 2. I already have one I know I want...

It's either.

The Renaissance Tarot - by Brian Williams

and

Legend: The Arthurian Tarot

Well if it helps, I'm a huge fan of the Rider-Waite type cards...But I'm just torn between these two cause they are both very beautiful...I like cards with a sort of Medieval, Gothic, Dark look (yes I have the Medieval Scapini deck). I also like vintage looking cards, like the sort of disturbing ones we see in movies.

truthsayer

i don't know if i will be much help but if you like the rws look best then the renaissance deck will prob be more your style. i love the legend arthurian but imho, it is more of a theme deck. it's heavily laced w/ arthurian legends and symbolism. the meanings of the cards are emeshed w/ the lessons learned or not learned by the story the card describes. i want to get the renaissance eventually myself but i don't think it's heavy into a theme like the LA. if you love the arthurian legends go for that deck. if you aren't then you may be disapppointed in it.

witchywoman

I have recently purchased the Legend Arthurian Tarot deck. I was primarily interested in the legends however I'm somewhat dissapointed with the deck itself. I tend to like deeper colours and the overall feel of the Legend deck is a tad too pastal for me. I agree that if you are interested in the legends then the deck would probably be a great purchase. The artwork is beautiful....just rather pale.

It's a very individual thing though. Many people I have shown the deck absolutely loved it.

Enjoy whichever you buy.
ww

Jewel

Well I have both decks *LOL*. I agree with everything Truthsyer said. The Rennaisance deck's minors are nothing like the RWS. Pips primarily grace the cards and there is meaningful scenery, but not like in the RWS Clones and other decks. They are lovely though. I love both decks, but personally I prefer the LA deck over the Rennaisance deck ... although it really is not fair to compare 2 completly different styles of decks. Also, I believe that both decks go for the swords/fire - wands/air correspondence ... in case that matters to you.

Enjoy your new deck!