two new decks

deso

Well, I just received two decks ordered a few weeks back: the Morgan-Greer and the Tarot of a Moon Garden.
I really like the Morgan-Greer imagery and colours. Yipeeeee!!! As for the Moon Garden - well - it's cute in a frou-frou kind of a way.
Next on my list: Healing with the Fairies Oracle Cards (So they can play with my Healing with Angels cards - they're lonely). Tee hee, hee.

glamourbug

The moon garden was my first ever deck and i would never part with it. I was yuong when i got it and i doubt i would have bought if i had known much about tartot at the time but it works surprisingly well. The book is a definite must have with this deck and i think once you can understand it better it wont seem like just a bunch of pretty cards.

I also have morgan greer but me and this deck have an on off relationship. i loved it when i first saw it and go back to it every now and then but it seems to have temper tantrums.

Lisa

faunabay

Uh oh, I didn't realize there was a book for the Tarot of the Moon Garden!!!!
I tend to agree with Kiama that it's a very definite "frou frou" deck, but I like it. It works for me when I'm in a bad mood. It really tends to cheer me up even when I draw cards like the 3 of swords or 10 of swords (dragonflies :) ).
I would love to have a book explaining the different symbolism used. Gonna have to look for it.

glamourbug

I had a nightmare trying to get hold of my book. It wasnt available in the uk and in the end a stall owner i met on holiday was kind enough to try and order it for me. She then found out she couldnt get it either and ended up splitting a deck and book set for me.

Saying all that though i am sure you can it in america a lot easier.

Lisa

deso

I had an odd experience - one of those "meant to be" things I guess :D Anyway, I ordered the book in September - thinking it was the deck :D I had no intention of purchasing the book. When I got the book in, I was sssoooooooooo mad. Then it hit me - meant to be!!! So I ordered the cards - this time, making sure it was CARDS, LOL!!! But, have I looked at that book yet. Nope. Hmmmmmm....now that I have the cards, maybe I'll crack it open......

faunabay

I haven't ordered it yet, but I think I found the book on Amazon.com It's kind of hard to tell the book from the deck there sometimes, but I think it's the book for $9.95. Will be getting it soon.

Kiama

Quote:faunabay (25 Nov, 2001 12:03):
I tend to agree with Kiama that it's a very definite "frou frou" deck, but I like it.

Not me! That was Deso...

But I do have an opinion of this deck. I think it was the fifth deck I bought, and didn't really know what to expect. I tried to read with it, and got okay results, but I never really got used to it. I suppose that there wasn't enough of a scene being played out in each card, so I found it quite difficult to use. It's quite a nice deck, but sometimes I think that artwork is a bit funny!

Kiama

Jewel

I purchsed the Tarot of the Moongarden primarily because of the Mermaids *ROFLMAO* ... honest! ... I think it is very "cute", and probably will never do any work with it unless I ever have kids ... I think it would make a good deck to teach one's children with. Just my two pearls on the subject ;)