Two of Cups and Six of Swords

Farzon

My question was about the development of a (nearly romantic) relationship.

I draw cards from a fan, as some might already know from my posts. For the last position (three card spread) I accidently drew two cards. In this (rare) case I take both and read them in combination. Not as clarifier.

My take was that the relationship will become increasingly romantic (Two of Cups) and that there will be a more clarity about these feelings (Six of Swords) which will make things easier.

ETA: I used the Pagan Otherworlds. So there is a visual contrast between these cards: the Six of Swords shows six swords on a moving ship, the Two of Cups shows two rocks that stand separately but seem to approach each other.

What do you make of this combination? Anything I missed?

decan

On one hand to go for a boat ride can be seen as something romantic and the card shows a move.
Nevertheless, this card is often depicted as a bit gloomy. Things are not always clear here, there is a fog, and the weather is cold.
Well it depends on the deck that you used, to understand if this card shows a time of uncertainty (and difficulties) or if it is just a positive move. In the Morgan-Greer for example, people are a bit curled-up and this card isn't too positive.

Farzon

On one hand to go for a boat ride can be seen as something romantic and the card shows a move.
Nevertheless, this card is often depicted as a bit gloomy. Things are not always clear here, there is a fog, and the weather is cold.
Well it depends on the deck that you used, to understand if this card shows a time of uncertainty (and difficulties) or if it is just a positive move. In the Morgan-Greer for example, people are a bit curled-up and this card isn't too positive.
I thought about the possibility of a physical journey as well and it doesn't seem unlikely in this case!

Interesting take on the card... I usually take it as moving away from trouble, an interpretation that is deriving from the card's position on the tree of life. What struck me as a bit negative is the factor of moving away in this card. But then, moving away in a negative sense is usually more in the Eight of Cups.

decan

I took a picture of this card (Tarot of White Cats that follows closely the R-W symbolism, and mini Morgan-Greer).
In the first the sun shines, but in the second colors are dark. Well it could depend on the deck we use with this card.
What deck did you use?

Attachments

• 6-of-Swords.jpg
    6-of-Swords.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 4,556

Farzon

I took a picture of this card (Tarot of White Cats that follows closely the R-W symbolism, and mini Morgan-Greer).
In the first the sun shines, but in the second colors are dark. Well it could depend on the deck we use with this card.
What deck did you use?
Added in the first post! [emoji4]

decan

I thought about the possibility of a physical journey as well and it doesn't seem unlikely in this case!

Interesting take on the card... I usually take it as moving away from trouble, an interpretation that is deriving from the card's position on the tree of life. What struck me as a bit negative is the factor of moving away in this card. But then, moving away in a negative sense is usually more in the Eight of Cups.
I read again what is said in a few books that I have and the traditional meaning concerning this card up-right is what you said: "moving away from trouble".
My take was probably a bit too negative.
In the Pagan Otherwolrds the minor arcana go to the point with sobriety, so here this card could involve a move and an improvement.
The two of cups is likely the relationship itself.