uh oh, a card was left inside teh box

paradoxx

A reading done with a lot of intention, a celtic cross at that, after I read teh cards (teh high priestess was at the center of the spread) I went for the box to restore everything to its container, and there inside the box (teh deck was thoth) was the card of the 6 of wands (success I believe).

How do I deal with leftover cards that didn't get shuffled into teh reading, is it more important, or something that was left out all together.

Thirteen

paradoxx said:
How do I deal with leftover cards that didn't get shuffled into teh reading, is it more important, or something that was left out all together.
Serendipity certainly is a part of the tarot--cards falling out, sticking together, and such. So, yes, if a card appears where it's not suppose to be so that you take notice, it's probably a message--and, in this case, likely for you.

Put the card back in the deck, shuffle well, and form 4 piles, one for communications/problems in your life, one for your career/ambitions, one for love/family, and one for work/health.

Find which pile has the 6/wands in it. The message the card is offering has to do with that aspect of your life.

Grizabella

What an interesting idea, Thirteen. I'll have to try that myself in similar circumstances. :)

Michelle

I love this idea ,Thirteen !

Elven

Oh I like this idea thirteen!! Cool!! :D

I have a deck - the Mayan - which does this - theres a fold in the cardboard of the box and I can tip the cards out into my hand, thinking I have them all and there will be one left in the box - caught in the bottom :laugh:

Because that happens, I have taken to seeing this card 'rebel from the pack' ;) as the one thing I am over looking or being ignorant about in relation the reading :) - something significant.

I dont do another reading though, on the same question, because one card is missing. Its not missing from the reading - it has just become seperate so as I can have a 'one to one' conversation with myself and read it individually.

Blessings Elven x

SunChariot

I don't think there is ever any "uh oh" in Tarot. Everything that happens does so for a reason. If one card was left in the box, then that was how the universe wanted things of that particular reading. And yes that has meaning.

Bar

Thirteen

Elven said:
Because that happens, I have taken to seeing this card 'rebel from the pack' as the one thing I am over looking or being ignorant about in relation the reading- something significant.
Cool back at ya, Elven! I love the idea of "rebel" cards :D