Umbrae's Relationship Spread Study-Part II

WhiteRaven

Ok folks...and I know there are a lot of you out there that don't post!! ahem...;)

This is a spread that I drew this morning in regards to my Ex and her Ex? or present relationship situation.

Let's rip this apart...

Person 1

VII of Cups
Ace of Pentacles
VII of Swords

Relationship

X of Swords
The Moon
King of Cups
Page of Wands

Person 2

VIII of Wands
IX of Swords
V of Swords

Anyone can join in here...please :)

firemaiden

Just out of curiosity, Raven, is this a real couple? And if so, is it a new or different couple than the previous readings? I ask because I find I would like to participate, but if it is not a real couple, how will we ever know if our reading attempts are near the mark?

WhiteRaven

firemaiden said:
Just out of curiosity, Raven, is this a real couple? And if so, is it a new or different couple than the previous readings? I ask because I find I would like to participate, but if it is not a real couple, how will we ever know if our reading attempts are near the mark?

Yes..it's a real couple...no..it's not the same couple as in the "Your Readings" section...(That REALLY would have thrown me off...LOL)

firemaiden

So it's a new couple altogether?

WhiteRaven

So, seeing I am starting this second study group once again and am using one of my own spreads, I shall start with my own interp. (If I can)

Note: I'm not sure of the status of this couple "at the moment" so I am only guessing as to what MAY be going on right now. The Page of Wands in this spread has me puzzled...unless it's connected with my spread that is posted in "Your Readings" right now. (In that post I am not only tearing the spread apart to learn but I DO want to understand my own relationship with my Ex at the moment...thus, the reasons for the other post in another section of the forum)

So...It looks like this relationship is either doomed or already over. Many factors play into this conclusion. Lies, deceit and totally ignoring facts and needs of each other does not lead to a very good relationship...

Person 1 is completely disillusioned with the outcome of the said relationship at this point in time. Person 2 and the 8 of Wands...I'm not quite sure what this means other than perhaps this person either got into the relationship too fast or is pushing Person 1 too fast, making Person one feel the need for security (Ace of Pentacles). The Moon is the only Major in the entire spread so that stands out like a sore thumb...secrets, shadows, obscure emotions...coincides with the 7 of Swords and the 5 of Swords. Because I know this couple and I know Person 1...plus taking the other spread that was posted early....seems that Person 1 MIGHT have someone else on the brain at this time. I believe that Person 2 is aware of these feelings yet is in full denial (5 of Swords) and is disregarding what Person 1 is feeling. (5 of Swords)

Another angle...going from up to down in the Person columns...

Person 1 is disillusioned at the moment about the relationship, bring Person 1 to need/want a sense of security that is not available because of Person 2's 9 of Swords (depression...hold that thought)
Person 1 still has feelings for the King of Cups...and here the Page of Wands could be that message that was received from the King of Cups (referring to other spread). Other than that conclusion with the Page of Wands, I don't understand that card. Because of these feelings for the King of Cups, Person 1 is being sneaky, possibly lying or will begin to do so or feel that they have to because of Person 2's 9 of Swords...(Doesn't want to make the depression worse or hurt the Person 2).

Person 2
Is thinking they got into the relationship too quickly? Possibly because even with the denial mentioned above, they honestly realize where this relationship is really going (10 of Swords)...this leading to Person 2 going into a depression (9 of Swords) and in total denial or showing total denial consciously (5 of Swords) and disregarding Person 1's feelings or sentiments..(5 of Swords).

The Relationship

10 of Swords is destruction...ending...etc..
There are a lot of secrets and coverups either going on or will go on and there is a feeling of need from both parties. Person one feels the need to hide their true feelings in fear of hurting Person 2. Person 2 feels the need to hide the reality in the back of her mind or not acknowledge what they "see" already. Again...The Moon is the strongest card in this spread. The King of Cups is tied into both people...Person 1's feelings....Person 2's denial.
And then the Page of Wands...a message of some sort...

There...anyone else like to take a shot at this now?

feticeira

I´ve been unfortunate enough to get my computer plagued by something so now internet explorer just won´t work.
I´ll try to keep up with this thread like with part I, and thank you Umbrae for your spread and help as well as WhiteRaven for ginçving us a chance to learn so much by creating this study group :)

feticeira

I'm back!! :)
And ready to give this spread another go...hopefully all of you out there too.
This is the reading I drew:

Person 1

Knight of Swords
Six of Cups
Ten of Swords

Relationship

Six of Wands
Queen of Cups
Two of Pentacles
Devil

Person 2

Five of Wands
Three of Wands
Lovers

Any thoughts?
I see 3 sixes, one on each side (cups, wands and lovers), also a major and its shadow card (lovers-devil). Also person 1 with the swords and person 2 with the wands...

Clementine_webb

Reading interpretation

Hi, I would like to give this a shot -- please let me know if you agree/disagree with my interpretation.

Person 1

KN of SW - to me indicates deceitful goings on, and to me, the knight indicates any deceit has already taken place, the damage has been done

6 of cups - either the deceit has occurred with someone from Person #1's past, or Person #1 feels wishes to turn back events to before the deceit occurred.

10 of swords - The damage has definitely been done. Confirms that Person #1 has been betrayed and they either know or suspect.

Six of Wands - Indicates to me that this is a long term relationship which was at one point built on trust and love. There is a chance that things will get better, but basically, it would take dedication from both sides to set things straight. This reading doesn't indicate a balanced dedication on both sides.

Queen of Cups - Indicates to me that what is needed is the attention and nurturing that the queen of cups symbolizes. Back to basics love and affection that may have been what drew these two together in the first place.

Two of Pentacles - This card can indicate a couple of things (NPI). Firstly, it could indicate a strong financial base which holds the couple together. (I.e., their home and obligations). And it can also be an indication that something's gotta give. There are too many things being juggled -- lovers, secrets, lies -- it's time to simplify before the whole thing comes down like a house of cards. (NPI)

The DEVIL as the outcome tells me that the whole situation will not be solved easily or quickly. Each partner is entrenched in their views and fears and will find it very difficult to open up and face the facts that their relationship is in trouble. Also, as a card of addictions and entrapment, someone may feel "obligated" to act in certain ways, or "bewitched" by an alluring outsider.

Person 2
Five of wands - This person has definitely been making noise. Unfortunately, they may be contributing a bit too vehemently to the strife and misunderstandings.

Three of wands - Perhaps Person #2 is threatening to move on. Once again, not very constructive approach to solving the relationship problems. If they haven't verbalized their intentions, they may have been sending subconscious signals that they would like to move on.

Lovers - Who is doing the deceiving? Has Person #2 found someone else, and Person #1 is reacting to the fear of loss? The choice to save or dissolve this union seems to lie squarely in Person #2's hands.

Well, what do you think? I've been reading for about two years now, but this reading makes perfect sense to me. The relationship is definitely in trouble, but it can be saved - at least one of the participants wants to save it. They will need to sit and talk with the other to come to an agreement whether it's better to keep moving forward in pain and denial (DEVIL) or to attempt to bring the relationship back to its former glory (Six of wands).

Let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Maxx