Unicursal Hexagram in the THOTH

Dee 04

moonklad started a thread called "Of Thoth and weirdness" and a couple of people, including me, have questions about this card.
What does it mean? What is its role in this deck? It gives many of us the creeps. It doesn't look too positive but maybe someone out there has more insight - if you do please let us know, I for one, am confused and curious! My intuition isn't talking to me on this card and all I feel is that I do not like it much.

New2Tarot

It isn't even in my copy of the Thoth deck... dammit. :(

Later,
New2Tarot

faunabay

You're not the only one, New!! My deck doesn't have one either.
For all of you that do have it. What's it for? What's the significance of it?

faunabay

Hey, I just noticed I went over the 100 mark on my posts!!! Yea for me!! :)
OK, anyway....I remembered I had seen a website devoted to the thoth deck and wondered if they said anything about the hexagram card. I had not looked before as I don't have that card in my deck. :(
Well they do. check out http://www.geocities.com/Paris/2110 go under the cards header and the hexagram card is listed among the major arcana. I didn't follow everthing that they said but it helped a little (maybe) OK so I'm still confused :) but I didn't read everything I just kind of scanned it. I'll go back later and really read it. Maybe you can make sense of it.

max

listen , I heard , this was done when you use the deck in spell works ( like hexing ) that was one of the ways Aleister Crowley, used the deck . That would easily explain why it rubs people, negatively, sometimes. the info is found in the book of magic parts 1--4, author Aleister Crowley. Blessed be! MAX

Freddie

It comes in the Swiss large deck. It is multi-colored in mine. i had no ideawhat it was until this thread. weird....

Freddie

jmd

The Uncursal Hexagram is used in certain magical ceremonies in place of the interlaced triangles...

If one traces in the air a pentagram, it is easy to begin at any point, and complete the figure. With Hexagrams, there are two main options: either one traces a triangle, stops, moves to another point, and traces the other, or one uses a uncursal hexagram.

The use of this antidates the Golden Dawn.

This doesn't fully answer your specific question. If you're interested, I suggest you look at Regardie's 'The Golden Dawn' and some of his other works. This will provide some of the background to Crowley.