Unnerving Calm

raventepes

Has anyone ever done a tarot reading that was so calm it was unnerveing?

I just did a medatative reading for myself useing the (Donaldson) Dragon Tarot and the Mystic Faerie. It was weird. Tons of energy from the cards, but DEAD calm...

Bartmanhomer

Yes, I did it once and for a while for when I wanted to make my wish using the Gypsy Wish spread and hoping for the 9 of cups even if it's reversed. I feel like something calmness is very mysterious only by a little degree.

moderndayruth

Hey, raven :)
I had some readings that felt really calm, but i liked it actually :)
I am not sure i understand what you mean by 'dead calm', do you mind posting which cards came out?
I would say that RWS 4oS feels dead-calm to me, but again, i like it.
Love&Light
mdr

raventepes

I can't really describe it. Kind of one of those calms before a storm in a way.

In another thread, I had mentioned that both decks that the (Donaldson) Dragon and the Mystic Faerie gave me a jolt when I first picked them up, so I decided to combine them for a singular reading useing my Yin Yang spread.

-------1a-7b
-----2a--8b--6b
---3a-------10a-5b
-4a------9a/b-----4b
---5a-10b------3b
-----6a--8b--2b
-------7a-1b

The cards are read paired with each other (e.g. the 1's are together, the 2's, the 3's, ect)

Unfortunately, I didn't write it down becasue I normally do.

Like I said though...the whole experiance was just odd. I know that there's an energy older and stronger than Chi, and I can't help but wonder if these decks tapped into that energy...

moderndayruth

raventepes said:
I can't help but wonder if these decks tapped into that energy...
I believe that it's quite possible that you connected with the energy through the cards and...
i am glad your old avvy is back ;)
Love&Light
mdr

Alta

Just a reminder, personal discussions at to be carried out by PM rather than side-tracking threads. Some posts removed.

Marion
co-Moderator, Talking Tarot