US MEDIA MAIL FOR TAROT?

northsea

I have used media mail to ship tarot decks before, but was told by a particular USPS clerk that cards don't qualify. Is that so? ???

Geenius at Wrok

Here's what the U.S. Postal Service Web site (www.usps.com) has to say about media mail: "Generally used for books (at least eight pages), film (16 mm or narrower), printed music, printed test materials, sound recordings, play scripts, printed educational charts, loose-leaf pages and binders consisting of medical information, and computer-readable media." Not sure tarot cards qualify.

Liliana

Ive recieved decks media mail before. Most online books stores list decks as books, so i think techniquely decks are books. An argument could be madeforthem being printed educational charts and loose-leaf pages too lol

Liliana

northsea

Liliana: I agree, they could be considered educational which is what media mail is designed to encourage. "redneck Tarot reader"..isn't that almost an oxymoron? :-D

Liliana

I suppose most o fthem would be oxy morons, built like oxes and rather stupid :)

northsea

I looked at half.com, and apparently they routinely ship tarot decks media mail. I guess the standards vary by shipping location.

tarotbear

Once it's wrapped up and sealed, what does it matter? Tell them it's 'printed material'. How would they know it's a tarot deck and not a paperback book?

Emily

I've noticed that Amazon also treat tarot decks like books and package and mail them the same way.

tarotbear

Amazon probably packages hundreds of books every single day and they get picked up by UPS or whoever who doesn't care it it's a package of books, tarot decks, or feminine hygiene products. Amazon . com sells books, so book rate it is - several hundred at a time!

You, on the other hand, want to ship 4 small packages (once or twice) of decks to people who bought them. Why should they give you a break? Remember, we live in a capitalistic society.

Liliana

I agree with Tarotbear, wrap itup at home, or ifyou haveto buy suppliesfrom them, buy em and wrap it up in thecar, the takeitin and say you want to ship mediarate, say its abook iftheyask, none of their business anyway :p Besides, a lot of ebay auctions say they'll ship media rate too. Media is defined by A means of mass communication, such as newpapers, magazines, radio, or television. I think we mass communicate with tarot lol Also, media is a plural of medium, and mediums have a lot to do with Tarot ;) (sorry bad joke)