Using Runes with Tarot

scheherazade

I've read an article in which someone mentioned that their Tarot readings are enhanced by the cooperative use of runes. I'd read others that emphasized that runes are a system of their own, and should not be used in conjunction with another system.

Could I ask some opinions of this?

And, would anyone have any advice on how to use runes to help me with my Tarot readings?

Phoenix

I personally like to do a rune reading just prior preforming my actual Tarot reading. It allows me to get a general idea of the situation before delving deeper with the tarot.

Hope this helps!!

Umbrae

Runes are a stand alone system and need no support from other types of divinatory systems.

They also work wonderfully as an adjunct to any other divinatory system.

They help illuminate, and confirm readings from other systems.

Sometimes they can add a whole new view, or way of looking at a reading. Perhaps help correct an incorrect interpretation (from another system).

I have been using Runes and Tarot for a couple of years, and Runes and Oracle Cards (Soul Cards One) for about eight months with excellent results. I still use Runes by themselves, and Tarot and Oracles by themselves.

I usually use the runes simultaneous with the cards.

Eowyn

Speaking about tarot and runes, The Hanged in many ilustrations has a leg bendend and the other straight, and the arms close to the body, exactly as the rune Th... (thurisaz I think). I started with the runes almost 6 or 7 years ago, and I dont read them by heart, I mean, by the book, so I may not know the most and ultimate version of the meaning of this rune, which is one of the 3 runes of ice, and I was thinking that it also as a meaning when you sleep making this position (there is a psicological theory about this). So, could it be a relation with the figure? I dont remember what it means when you sleep like this, so never mind me telling this. But the images of the Hanged and the rune together, while Im laying like this on the bed have been very often lasts days. Ill think of this a little more.