Using the Tarot to cleanse negative energies

tarotkey

Is it possible to use the Tarot in this manner? A friend has
an "entity" that's more "mischievous" than dangerous. Sort of an 'imp" like being, at least that is the impression we have of it.
I offered to do "its" reading, but before I take a Fool's leap, I would
look for some advise. Has anyone done this type of thing? Thank you?

CrystalTarot

Must admit I wouldn't have thought of using tarot in this incident, I would normally try and contact the spirit direct. Make sure you aren't alone and that you ground and protect before you try and connect in any way. It might be interesting to see if they can answer through the cards, would love to hear how you get on, take care and good luck xx

tarotkey

Using The Tarot to cleanse Negative enegeries

Thank you CrystalTarot. No I, won't be alone. A Shaman will be present and right now we are discussing the possible ritual we need to create to accomdate the use of the cards. That's why I am looking for advise.

CrystalTarot

In that case, enjoy :) I would go for just using the Major arcana and read from them, but thats just me. How exciting! The idea of doing a reading is very interesting. I would also arm myself with lots of crystals and a pendulum too.

Are you going to try and find out more about the entity then hopefully move them on?

tarotkey

Yes, we hope to discover who or what it is. We have our suspicions that it may be something left behind by a very negative personality our friend had the misfortune to know. It could also be an "elemental" that has lived on the land before the farm was there which was built over 70 years ago. The house, as far as we can tell is not blocking any fairy paths or leys. It's clear in that aspect and there has never been any kind of disturbances before. But you know how the tricksters play with us.

If we can get any response at all we are very interested in learning its identity. Then we are going to firmly ask it to move on. Enough fiddling with the appliances already!

Scorpio XIII

What a coincidence! I've just asked about this very subject as part of my very first thread in the forums.

I'm having a few problems with what I think is the same as you describe. I don't know how to go about questioning it - or whether I should.

CrystalTarot, why do you advise not being alone when tackling things such as this? It is interesting that you say that because, unless I was imagining it at the time, I picked up some sort of negative entity as a result of experimenting with a pendulum on my own. Am I being silly here, or is that something that could happen?

It was in my bedroom, bothering me with its presence to the extent that I started sleeping out in the conservatory - but it followed me because I could feel it sitting up the other end of the conservatory. It eventually disappeared, and I thought nothing more of it.

I have since found out that my girlfriend put a protection spell on my bedroom, but didn't tell me at the time! Looks like it did the trick.

Scorpio XIII

Sorry, I forgot to add-

The entity (or at least I think it is) that is causing problems at the moment is a different one from the one I just described and isn't centred around me.

Tarotkey I'd be very interested to hear how you get on with this. This is all new to me. What is an elemental? What you describe really sounds like the same thing I'm on about. I think it is tied to a particular building, but can't be a ghost (for want of a better expression) because the building is nearly new, with no previous occupants.

CrystalTarot, how might you ground and protect? I think I need to learn things like this.

Apologies to the moderators for straying from the tarot subject.

CrystalTarot

Not sure how to multiple quote so here goes..

Tarotkey wrote... It could also be an "elemental" that has lived on the land before the farm was there which was built over 70 years ago. The house, as far as we can tell is not blocking any fairy paths or leys. It's clear in that aspect and there has never been any kind of disturbances before. But you know how the tricksters play with us.

If we can get any response at all we are very interested in learning its identity. Then we are going to firmly ask it to move on. Enough fiddling with the appliances already!

I have never known an elemental confused with a poltergeist though? Elementals can be fun, mischeivous but rarely housebound or malicious? I would have thought it would be very rare for one to be trapped inside when building commenced but who knows, definately interesting. I get the feeling it might actually have been a worker that was hurt? Are you going to try and get a significator from them to see what they are like? That might be a good start, concentrate, link in and then shuffle the majors with the courts and see which card falls out?

Hi Scorpio :)

CrystalTarot, why do you advise not being alone when tackling things such as this? It is interesting that you say that because, unless I was imagining it at the time, I picked up some sort of negative entity as a result of experimenting with a pendulum on my own. Am I being silly here, or is that something that could happen?

I always try and get people to have a friend with them, sometimes the eebijeebies set in and terror lol as we get really hysterical and wonder if we imagine things, I have known some people to faint and thats never good alone.

I have a retired pendulum, she is a very scared pendy that came up against a very dark force and now she relaxes and stays curled up by my bed. I feel that pendys can be used for finding energies and spirit activity and ley lines, ooh lots of things, even choosing cards by swinging over them, another nice way to choose a significator ;) So it is possible that something followed your pendy's light and stayed with you.

Not sure how strict things are here ( I'm new too) about straying from the topic, so will wait and see before I post about grounding and protection etc.

tarotkey

Good Morning (at least in PA, USA it is)
CrystalTarot and ScorpioXIII

Here's my take on your question Scorpio XIII. Please don't apologize for straying. The best conversations start that way!
The "Elementals" are a race of beings that is made up of the classic "Wee Folk", "The Good Neighbors" Faires, Elves, Sprites, The Green Man, and so on. They are the nature beings that originally inhabited the Earth in perfect magic harmony with nature. Once you get into studying the paranormal world, which the Tarot cards serve as a gateway to, you'll find out that everything is connected somehow. No one unusual event or occurrence happens in a vacuum. Call it synchronicity, call it a big game, call it a big purpose, as you get more involved unusual connections will begin to happen. As become more aware of these "signs" they will increase exponentially. In fact somethings that may have
meant nothing to you in the past, may suddenly take on new meanings for you. Anyway, enough of my blabber,
this link below is a quick read on "Elementals" -

http://www.crystal-forest.com/elementalbeings.html
Click around Google and see what else you can find

The good people of England, Ireland and especially Iceland believe in, and respect this realm existing right next ours. Here in the U.S., well it's only so much make-believe, mass-hallucinations and the results of a hard night of drinking. Perhaps this is why they manifest themselves in such terrifying forms as Bigfoot, Mothman, hostile UFO occupants and cantankerous ghosts. We need to be really scared before we sit up and take notice.

Try these books:
FAIRY PATHS & SPIRIT ROADS
Devereux, Paul
(ISBN: 1843337045)
Almost anything by this author is fascinating!

(The next two primarily deal with the UFO phenomenon, but as I stated above, everything is inter-related)
First, for a historical perspective:
Passport to Magonia
By Jacques Vallee

Operation Trojan Horse
By John Keel
(John is a Genius!)

Try www.ABEbooks.com

tarotkey

CrystalTarot, please go ahead and speak of grounding. I apologize for missing your comment.