Violent dream / Please help

Flavio

Thank you in advance for your help. This dream from last night was very disturbing becuase of the content, it was so vivid and clear and usually I don't remember my dreams.

My boyfriend and I were walking on the street and when turning the corner we "discovered" the "new" buiding were my old friend A is living now -in real life he has lived in the same place for years- so we spontaneously decided to pay a visit, this is unusual for us and we haven't seen A for a couple of years.

In A's apartment we found him, his boyfriend M and his friend T, they were mourning T's son just killed the night before while his car was stolen -in real life T doesn't have a son- they were very sad and still in their pajamas, A was very angry because our visit had such bad timing but T was very grateful and was showing us some slideshow with pictures of his son, he had scheduled an afternoon flight because the son lived in another city.

Still angry A, came out of the bedroom and ready to cook something for all of us to eat, I took him outside the apartment and talked in the corridor about his feelings about T's son murder, because in the dream we was suppossed to love him very much since he was a child.

Suddenly we heard noise of broken things and a fight coming from the apartment, we ran quickly to see what happened, my boyfriend comes out the apartment running very fast, after him comes M with a gun in his hand and screaming "he has a gun" A and me ran after them, there were at least three stories from the apartment to the street level, I jumped the stairs instead of walking on them, when I reached the street there was a huge parking lot surrounded by small business, the middle of the parking lot I found my boyfriend and M.

The last image I have from that dream showed a lot of people including TV cameras, surrounding my boyfriend and M pointing they guns against each other and me in between them trying to stop the tragedy.

This dream was very shocking, needless to say we don't fight our friends with guns and the only time we had an argument it was caused because T misinformed my boyfriend about some taxes forms but the mistake was avoided on time so nobody got hurt, that happened 4 years ago.

Once again thank you very much for any help you can provide, please let me know if you have a question or if any part of the description is not clear enough.

214red

violence in dreams rarely translates to violence in real life, often its a representation of supressed/repressed feelings of anger or resentment. often the people in our dreams can represent parts of ourselves also.
Is there still anger at the situation involving your friend?
how did you feel in the dream (scared, shocked etc)
T's son, what do you think that represented, because this person was killed in the dream, something died, did a dream die what T wanted due to the issue with the tax forms? is Ts son their friendship that died?
Tv cameras often show public, is there a sense of public humiliation or something thats public that shouldnt be?

Milfoil

This feels like a 'working stuff out' kind of dream.

When scary stuff like this happens it can help to see each aspect of the dream as a metaphor first, then add on the other possibilities. So your friends A and T could be those parts of you which corresponds with their situation, personalities, strengths and weaknesses etc. A son who doesn't exist in real life strongly suggests the future aspect of that concept. For example, in the dream, T is angry (do you perceive his as being capable of deep anger and resentment or unstable emotions and what part of you does this touch upon?), the offspring of T could be how that anger or instability could have carried on into the future.

My boyfriend and I were walking on the street and when turning the corner we "discovered" the "new" buiding were my old friend A is living now -in real life he has lived in the same place for years- so we spontaneously decided to pay a visit, this is unusual for us and we haven't seen A for a couple of years.

In A's apartment we found him, his boyfriend M and his friend T, they were mourning T's son just killed the night before while his car was stolen -in real life T doesn't have a son- they were very sad and still in their pajamas, A was very angry because our visit had such bad timing but T was very grateful and was showing us some slideshow with pictures of his son, he had scheduled an afternoon flight because the son lived in another city.

However, in the dream, the son has been murdered (not killed) so a deliberate act. If this were my dream it would suggest that a deliberate action or conscious decision has been made which changes an aspect of your inner self or your perception of life.

Flavio said:
Still angry A, came out of the bedroom and ready to cook something for all of us to eat, I took him outside the apartment and talked in the corridor about his feelings about T's son murder, because in the dream we was suppossed to love him very much since he was a child.

Suddenly we heard noise of broken things and a fight coming from the apartment, we ran quickly to see what happened, my boyfriend comes out the apartment running very fast, after him comes M with a gun in his hand and screaming "he has a gun" A and me ran after them, there were at least three stories from the apartment to the street level, I jumped the stairs instead of walking on them, when I reached the street there was a huge parking lot surrounded by small business, the middle of the parking lot I found my boyfriend and M.

The last image I have from that dream showed a lot of people including TV cameras, surrounding my boyfriend and M pointing they guns against each other and me in between them trying to stop the tragedy.

Guns are often a symbol for the penis, a source of power and again the means by which we procreate or bring those parts of ourselves into the future. The anger, shock and distress combined with the TV cameras suggests that there is an issue of privacy and/or something being revealed to the world which you would prefer to be kept hidden.

Is there a conflict right now about how private your personal life is and how resentment is being dealt with by not allowing it to stay with you into the future?

Dreams are incredibly good at showing us our own concerns but played out by other players so that we can try to see the issue dispassionately (as if watching a TV show).

Does any of that make sense?

Flavio

violence in dreams rarely translates to violence in real life
That's very good news, thank you.

often its a representation of supressed/repressed feelings of anger or resentment. often the people in our dreams can represent parts of ourselves also.
Is there still anger at the situation involving your friend?
There had been a couple of tense situations from my boyfriend side regarding family relationships, I guess then that friends are another kind of family (a chosen one). Regarding your question, no there is not anger because of the situation involving our friends, probably this dream is projecting the fear to lose "another family" because of unresolved situations.

how did you feel in the dream (scared, shocked etc)
Mostly shocked because I was totally aware we don't use/have guns and surprised because in the dream I never saw what kind of event unleashed the use of weapons between friends.

T's son, what do you think that represented, because this person was killed in the dream, something died, did a dream die what T wanted due to the issue with the tax forms? is Ts son their friendship that died?
Well friendship didn't die but the trust was damaged, anyway the tax situation was extensively discussed at the moment and not touched again. In the dream T was sad because of the death but still acted more friendly than the other two guys.

Tv cameras often show public, is there a sense of public humiliation or something thats public that shouldnt be?
Regarding the family situation previously mentioned there was a very public ackward moment, will send you and Milfoil a PM about it.

Thank you very much for the comments you provided they are really helpful.

Flavio

This feels like a 'working stuff out' kind of dream.
The fact that I was able to remember it so clearly makes me think so.

When scary stuff like this happens it can help to see each aspect of the dream as a metaphor first, then add on the other possibilities. So your friends A and T could be those parts of you which corresponds with their situation, personalities, strengths and weaknesses etc.
A is usually the perfect host and T's talent is all about conversation, somehow they were not at the top of their game in the dream, with your explanations I understand some parts of myself are not fully developed or under expressed at this moment so the full potential (a son) is lost. (Shocking!)

However, in the dream, the son has been murdered (not killed) so a deliberate act. If this were my dream it would suggest that a deliberate action or conscious decision has been made which changes an aspect of your inner self or your perception of life.

Guns are often a symbol for the penis, a source of power and again the means by which we procreate or bring those parts of ourselves into the future. The anger, shock and distress combined with the TV cameras suggests that there is an issue of privacy and/or something being revealed to the world which you would prefer to be kept hidden.
Well, just two weeks ago I finished working on a project, created 75 illustrations for a series of 3 books I also designed, the full work is under review now, I shouldn't but I usually feel that when somebody reviews or criticizes my works of art they are judging me 100% not only the work. It has been 8 months of daily creation so in my mind there is a lot of me to be judged.

Does any of that make sense?
A lot indeed... please check your inbox for additional details, thank you.