Wahooo - a gift!!

dolphinprincess

.. great news jewel-ry!!!! how sweet of your daughter :eek:)

.. i see a package under my christmas tree shaped just like the Faeries Oracle.. and one that could very well be Good Faeries, Bad Faeries... I am so keeping my fingers crossed... :eek:)

dolphinprincess

i am so excited!!!!! we exchanged gifts last night since we don't get to spend christmas together... and i did get my Faerie Oracle and Good Faeries/Bad Faeries.. I was beaming!!!

.. and the coolest part - he had actually bought them *before* I started dropping huge hints :eek:) it is nice when someone knows you well !!!!!

Alissa

Wonderful news! The Fae will be spreading their own unique Christmas cheer, so consider yourself warned~! ;)

Don't forget to come and tell us all about your favorite and least comfortable cards when you get a chance ... I love to hear others' adventures.

lark

As I was coming over here to see what you had to say about the faerie's, I was thinking Oh, No, dolphinprincess couldn't wait. She snuck under the Christmas tree and ripped a little corner out of the package to see if she could see that tell tale brown box....Naughty girl....

I'm so glad you got them can't wait to see what you think.

I've been reading a thread about why some tarot decks stand the test of time and some fade away.
Well the Faerie's Oracle sure has stood the test of time.
To me it's an example of a truly classic oracle deck.
Enjoy Dolphinprincess.

Gee I hope I get Good Faerie's Bad Faerie's too.

dolphinprincess

lark said:
As I was coming over here to see what you had to say about the faerie's, I was thinking Oh, No, dolphinprincess couldn't wait. She snuck under the Christmas tree and ripped a little corner out of the package to see if she could see that tell tale brown box....Naughty girl....

I'm so glad you got them can't wait to see what you think.

I've been reading a thread about why some tarot decks stand the test of time and some fade away.
Well the Faerie's Oracle sure has stood the test of time.
To me it's an example of a truly classic oracle deck.
Enjoy Dolphinprincess.

Gee I hope I get Good Faerie's Bad Faerie's too.

No, Lark - I managed to be a good girl! Its funny bc my sister will tear the house apart looking for her gifts... yet, as my mom always says, she could leave mine unwrapped in a bag in the same room as me - and I wouldn't look inside. Once when I was pretty young, I found my mom's xmas list.. and it ruined my Christmas. So, I still love the surprises!!

Which thread discusses why some decks stand the test of time.. I"d be interested in reading it... ??? Only bc I just updated my tarot collection.. and when I edited my post, I added this explanation :

"* Updated: many on this board will think i've lost my mind, but i have massively cut my collection. i am just not meant to have a ton of decks - no matter how much i like some of them or how badly i may want them at the moment. i just have found that i get overwhelmed by them too easily - when i find i can't use them all or devote enough time to learning any one of them well enough to develop a relationship.. So, even though I have sold off decks that I really like, I have kept my favorites and will try to learn them well! i think i have learned my lesson and will hopefully stop my impulse buying!"

Much different than most people around here.. haha! but I'm starting to learn that the simple approach is better for me and my learning... However, I am pretty confidant that the Faeries are here for good and will be a favorite deck... I've said that before about decks I no longer own, but this one is different... I would never trade a deck that was a gift from someone special.. and after using the set in out SEEKER question, they have taken on a whole new meaning. I really hope I can learn to listen to them... and hear them the way others on this board do... :eek:)

and.. no more mass buying for me.. tsk tsk tsk...!!!!!!

Jewel-ry

dolphinprincess said:
i am so excited!!!!! we exchanged gifts last night since we don't get to spend christmas together... and i did get my Faerie Oracle and Good Faeries/Bad Faeries.. I was beaming!!!

.. and the coolest part - he had actually bought them *before* I started dropping huge hints :eek:) it is nice when someone knows you well !!!!!

Thats great dolphinprincess, I'm sure the wee folk are happy too!!

J :)

lark

Here's the thread:
www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?=&threadid=20547

It's a great question posed by Diana.
I sometimes don't talk about decks I love because I'm shy about it and I'm afraid someone will come along and say "that deck stinks."
And then my feelings will be hurt and I'll crawl into my turtle shell.

But I have resolved not to feel that way anymore and say what I feel from now on.
And revive some of those old deck threads and talk about those long lost gems.

There are always people out there who have used a deck quietly for a long time and have a lot to offer about it.
And I love to hear their opinion.

Just like with the Faerie's Oracle. The thread and the deck stay alive because we talk about it, debate it, share it, promote it. That's what keeps a deck alive the love people feel for it.
Sometimes they just need the opportunity to talk about it opened up again.
And off they go with all there great insights.

You'll bring new things to the Faerie Oracle thread just by seeing the deck with fresh eyes and we'll all learn from you.
My faerie's just started jumping up and down an whistling when I wrote that last part.
I think they like you!!

dolphinprincess

Thank you for the link, Lark... :eek:)

Also, I will be sure to start posting on this board as much as possible..!! I think I will take my faeries home to NJ this week... they want to come along...

Its funny, but I've read some of the threads here - on how the faeries talk ... and I had my first experience last night..

I was going to put them in this one bag that has shades of brown and animals on it.. bc it "matched" the deck...

They wanted NOTHING to do with that bag. They said BLAH! They made me put them in this bright red bag with pretty flower fairies on it.. with this multi-colored chord.. They are much happier there!

lark

Seeeee......
that is a faerie experiance!!!
It's quiet and subtle but you know........ ;)
And there's no getting around them, they will have their own way.

Nevada

lark said:
Seeeee......
that is a faerie experiance!!!
It's quiet and subtle but you know........ ;)
And there's no getting around them, they will have their own way.
This absolute freedom that they express is I think what amazes--and attracts--me the most. It makes me question all the barriers in my life.

Nevada