We are serious and want to make this work. (Was that a good enough title, Talisman?)

Kiama

Well, in another thread, some of us have ben knocking an idea back and forth for a cuple of days. I was asked to create a new thread to try and get this idea off the ground, so here goes:

Become certified as a Doctor of Philosophy Tarotology (PhD T) Order of the Scallywags of Tarot, from the Kiama College of Tarotology.

The idea is that not only do we raise funds for Solandia to go towards this website, but we also get to hang up our rather snazzy looking certificates, which Major Tom volunteered to create for us. The original requirement for application for one of this highly prized diplomas is at least 100 posts on Aeclectic.

Major Tom brought up the issue of having an official looking logo for the certificates, so, any ideas? We were also considring changing 'Tarotology' to something else, cuz, as Diana pointed out, that word sounds more like the name of a South American spider than it does the study of Tarot! Again, any ideas?

Talisman, out of all the people on this forum who is hardly ever serious ;p *is* serious about this, and he has challenged me to try and jump start this idea....

So, what do you say? Who wants to be a Doctor in Scallywag Tarotology??!!! *Kiama waits for everyone to jump up and scream , "Me, me me!!!"*

Let's get this idea off the ground, or at least discuss it some more. I think it would motivate more Aeclectic netties to fund Aeclectic...

Kiama

Jewel

Scallywag? ~makes scrunchie face~ that sounds like a stray dog that wags its tail all of the time *LOL*. Could it not be the Aeclectic order of Tarotology? (which by the way does not sound like like tarantula to me). I like the basic idea, and I really do feel that we should assist Solandia. This site is what a tarot school should be, there is something here for everyone interested in Tarot. But if we are going to try and do this through a certification (even if only meaningful to us) then at least lets make it sound half serious. Who knows ... it could become a distinguished honor to have such a certificate some day.

Is the only criteria to have 100 posts or more? if that is the case we may end up with people posting whatever just to get to 100, causing Solandia more work, time and money ... just a thought.

I think this idea has great potential, but the purpose and meaning of the certification needs to be more fleshed out. If the point is to simply make a donation to Aeclectic I think we could just as easily try to coordinate that and send contributors a nice Thank you card made on the computer with a favorite tarot card on it or something. I for one would be more than willing to make a financial donation to keep this site going.

Love & Light,

Mateo06

Um well the logo could like be a coat of arms (sp) with all the original suits. with like the pentacles as the bottome with the swords and wands crossing over it like a skull and cross bone, and then the cup can be on top of the intersection of the wands and swords, but i don't think there should be any qualifications to join, just as long as u enjoy reading and doing tarot and u want to learn more, theres nothing wrong with asking for donations, but don't make it manditory(sp).

Geenius at Wrok

Quote:Kiama (07 Feb, 2002 06:26):
Become certified as a Doctor of Philosophy Tarotology (PhD T) Order of the Scallywags of Tarot, from the Kiama College of Tarotology.

Just for the record, since the Greek word for tarot is tar?, the study of tarot would be "tarology." ;-)

tarotbear

***jumping up and down excitedly*** Me! Me! Me!

This is too good an offer to pass up. Maybe we could also offer it on other forums? Maybe hire an actress with a bad British or Australian accent to do television commercials for it? ***brushing up on his worst 'Crock Hunter' accent ***

:p :p :p :p

Kiama

Quote:Geenius at Wrok (07 Feb, 2002 08:41):
Quote:Kiama (07 Feb, 2002 06:26):

Just for the record, since the Greek word for tarot is tar?, the study of tarot would be "tarology." ;-)

Tarology does sound much better! Thanks!

Kiama

Kiama

Quote:Mateo06 (07 Feb, 2002 08:04):
Um well the logo could like be a coat of arms (sp) with all the original suits. with like the pentacles as the bottome with the swords and wands crossing over it like a skull and cross bone, and then the cup can be on top of the intersection of the wands and swords

I can see this in my head right now, and it looks very good! Granted, at the moment I can only imagine it in black and white, but it does look good. Great idea!

Kiama

silvereye

I just browsed through a commercial new age portal site and found that they registered the word "Tarotology" so I don't think we can use it.

Major Tom

OK! I've done a certificate - I've posted it here as an attachment. Here's how it reads:

To all who read these presents Greetings. Be it known that ___________ having made 100 posts on the Aeclectic Tarot Forums is entitled to the title of Doctor of Philosophy - Scalawag in Tarologie with the rights and responsibilities entailed by the Kiama College of Tarologie. Signed Major Tom, BA, MSc, PhD (ST) Scalawag Tarologie.

To my mind this carries as much weight (or even more) as any other tarot certification. Use them as you will. }>