What books do you use for bibliomancy?

Kurenai

Hi,
In addition to tarot and Lenormand, I have been interested in bibliomancy for some time. I had a friend who did readings for me using a poetry book by Fāl-e Ḥafez.

I had a question for the bibliomancy experts here in the forum: what is your favorite book for bibliomancy reading, and why?

And do you have a special ritual when doing a reading?

GotH

I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I've had success and fun while doing them as I found through feedback. I've learned that you can use ANY book. I've used catalog magazines and children's books before. I've even walked the length of a shelf in a bookstore and blindly selected a book to divine with.

I simply focus on the person's question or concern before I begin and then open the book to where I feel it's meant to be opened. I close my eyes and point to a particular area of the page and begin reading. You pick up clues from the words and apply them to the situation. It's a great way to read..

Kurenai

I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I've had success and fun while doing them as I found through feedback. I've learned that you can use ANY book. I've used catalog magazines and children's books before. I've even walked the length of a shelf in a bookstore and blindly selected a book to divine with.

I simply focus on the person's question or concern before I begin and then open the book to where I feel it's meant to be opened. I close my eyes and point to a particular area of the page and begin reading. You pick up clues from the words and apply them to the situation. It's a great way to read..

Interesting! Do you read the entire page or one sentence?

GotH

I read until I have a possible answer. It's like reading cards in a way, when do you know when to stop pulling?

Kurenai

I use anything and everything. Whatever I'm drawn to at the moment.

This one was fun. http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=239979 . Used the Twilight series.

This one was interesting. http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=240276 . Used Dr Seuss books.

I've seen readers on here use all kinds of things. Sometimes they let the text speak for itself, other times it's interpretted (I personally use the passage as kick off for my intuition so I interpret the passage).

Ah, I thought only books that are "specialized" for biblomancy (such as a bible) can be used. Good to know that I can use anything!

Kurenai

I read until I have a possible answer. It's like reading cards in a way, when do you know when to stop pulling?

With cards I pull until I feel that it is "right." With books I reckon it might be a bit tricky. Should I start practicing with "Brothers Karamozov?"

Mona18

Any book at your disposal!

GotH

You know what book is a lot fun and interesting to use? Art books with no words. Has anyone tried that? That's when your intuition really kicks in. Try it if you haven't. :livelong:

Kurenai

You know what book is a lot fun and interesting to use? Art books with no words. Has anyone tried that? That's when your intuition really kicks in. Try it if you haven't. :livelong:

Wow, an art book! Now that sounds like a challenge. Hmm... I bet Grimm's fairy tales will be a good one too.