What do deer mean?

Silverlyn

Last night on the way out from work, about 8 beautiful deer were right in front of our car, one stayed behind next to our car and just looked at us (me and hubby...) rather serenely and pointedly (a surreal moment!).

What do deer mean, symbologically?

I hope it's some positive omen, it felt like it!:)

Silverlyn
PS: See my Profile for where I work and look at the website, I work on a large reserve our buildings consists of large, white, domes and we even have a pyramid...so deer live on the property as well....

celticnoodle

Deer are a symbol of innocense and if you can recall the number of points on the antlers of the deer, it also has a significance. the number of points on the antlers will have some meaning to you personally. you should look up the meaning of that number. antlers are also symbols of connections to a higher realm. you should look for new perceptions & degrees of perceptions to grow and expand.

New opportunities to grow more spiritually in the next few years are also possible when Deer enter your life. it can also suggest new adventures about to begin for you, and is a reminder to you to be gentle with yourself and others while you are growing and experiencing these new adventures. Pay attention to your inner thoughts, as they will also be developing and you may find yourself 'knowing' things ahead of time.

Silverlyn

Thank you for that lovely interpretation, CN:)

They all had fluffy white tails but can't remember seeing Antlers or not..hmmm. will have to think about it.

All I know is time literally froze for us all..and it felt so thickly silent, as if we were all involved in a heavy, important 'moment'.

I wish I had my camera with me...if it happens again (it does at least once a week for me, but usually only one to three of them are near my car).

I'll post pics when it happens again!

Silverlyn

celticnoodle

They are beautiful animals, the Deer. They seem so peaceful and graceful too. We have deer here, and in the winter, my husband & I buy apples for them, putting a few out each night. by morning they are always gone, and we see the deer prints in the snow. brings a smile to our faces each day.

my folks home is practically in the woods, and they have thick woods almost right up to their back door and the side of their home. They often have deer about and other animals too. we like to look out their kitchen window to see the animals and the deer are practically a daily sight!

though I could not find the word 'peacefulness' in the symbolgy of deer, I feel like it should also be added. every time I see them, I feel this way. Just a beautiful sense of calm and peacefulness.

looking forward to seeing your photos, if you are able to get them! :)

Milfoil

What do deer mean? Well, mostly deer mean, hoof prints on your lawn, nibbled plants (the most expensive of course) . . . oh, thats not what you meant! Ah.

Eight - the full octave, the complete harmonic.

Deer - truth, innocence, beauty, poise, being able to outrun your opponent. Deer are under the protection of the Goddess Diana.

Deer inspire me every time we meet. They are swift as the wind yet gentle and graceful without ever knowing pride. The stag is hailed as the monarch of the glen, king of all he surveys.

Some part of Deer medicine is being made known to you, unlocking the message will involve learning as much as you can about them, their habits, their preditors, where they live etc.

Jamie Sams writes: Gentleness. Deer teaches us to use the power of gentleness to touch the hearts and minds of wounded beings who are trying to keep us from our sacred mountain. Deer have a gentleness of spirit that heals all wounds.

Hope this helps.

celticnoodle

well said milfoil. and beautifully too.

Silverlyn

Ahhhh, beautifully said Milfoil and CN:)

The being gentle part really touches me. And this part: Deer teaches us to use the power of gentleness to touch the hearts and minds of wounded beings who are trying to keep us from our sacred mountain. Deer have a gentleness of spirit that heals all wounds.

I feel this message means to continue being (and be more so) gentle and kind to my 17-yr old daughter who is experiencing a lot of new, different life experiences....for us to continue being there for her and not judge or critisize, but to guide and let her gracefully leap into her own forest of life.....

mmmm, that one event came to me, I'm sure it's meant for us and in our own experiences too.

This really helps!

Silverlyn

celticnoodle

Silverlyn said:
I feel this message means to continue being (and be more so) gentle and kind to my 17-yr old daughter who is experiencing a lot of new, different life experiences....for us to continue being there for her and not judge or critisize, but to guide and let her gracefully leap into her own forest of life.....
ah. It seems you have captured the meaning of these deer who have come into your life and your husbands. you are fortunate that you were able to do so this quickly. 17 is a tough year. so close to being 'grown up', and yet still far away. I remember being 17 and I remember when my daughter was also 17. You are right--be there for her-ALWAYS, and do not judge or criticize. guide her and let her gracefully leap into her own forest of life!

a great way of explaining it, silverylyn!

Milfoil

Agreed.

And remember 7+1=8 ;)

Silverlyn

True, Milfoil..and thanks for the lovely words, CN:)

Also: My 19 yr old son (born 8/18/88 at 7:18 a.m CST (or 8:18 EST:) I found out is going thru some challenging times in his life, and may, hopefully move closer to us (he lives 4 hrs away in another state.......hmmmm. there's that 8 again:)

Also: My 13th wedding anniversary is coming up on Dec 31st, so those deer could be signifying to welcome changes there too:)

Thanks for this useful, insightful info.

Life is Tarot, isn't it?

It felt soooo 'Tarot Moment' when it occurred:)

Silverlyn