What is a Higher Self?

HOLMES

is there a christself/innerself/divineself ?

here is a question that i find myself asking now and then.
it stems from some sources in the new ages.
this idea is taught for example in the jesus path by vicky reed thompson,
and in the book from the center.

far as i understand it,, since the creator is within everything "cut the piece of wood and i am there" that we are essentially sons and daughters of the creator so in a sense jesus becomes our brother. a movement put forth by studies in the course in miracles but other new age movements as well.
the phrase "ye are gods" to paraphrase "I have said you are god" is often used to back up this belief.

Psalm 82:6
"I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High."

is there a seperation between the higherself/soul and the innerself/christ self.. perhaps at first.. but if one works with the idea long enough they can be considered the same thing or perhaps not.
this here is an ideal i think over for a long time and still think of it, that isnt' saying that jesus the personality is within us,, but the christ part of him.

http://www.ascension-research.org/presence.html
in this picture as we go higher , the higherself/self becomes in the christ self or the god spark.

http://www.spiritual-encyclopedia.com/real-self.html
here it is seens to be akin to the job of the holy spirit.

http://www.transcendencetoolbox.com/en/spiritual-psychology/components-of-self/425-your-christ-self

uses these quotes
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; (John 14:16)

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. (John 14:26)"

to me i always thought the comforter was the holy spirit/divinespirit that decended on them as jesus breathed on them.
the kingdom of god is within though kind of validates this belief for me if that is what was truly meant that is.

it is hard enough for some to embrace or examine the possiblity of higherself soul.
then to look at the possiblity of a divine spark, christ self inwards.
it is possible though i would suggest for now.

HOLMES

hmm

The reason why that post that was moved here was made into a new thread for me,, is working with the inner christ self is differnt in focus then working with the higherself.
the concept is new to some,, it isnt new to me but it is one i struggled to come to terms with.

as you can see i disagreed with the concept put forth by that website that the christ self is the comforter for example. though for the person who wrote the article they may be experiencing it as that,, or simply believe it is as they could be relying more on the bible quotes to come to terms with the idea of the christ self which is differnt then the higherself.

so i repeate despite moving here, the innerself/christ self is differnt then the higherself in focus, and in meditions for you must deal with an inner part of you when with the higherself, soul you are dealing with the higher in visualization/ outerself in medition.