What the HELL just happened?

Elven

It could have been one of the forms of hypnogoglia.

I wrote a post about it here a while back - I'd have to look for the link - but it sounds like it. I have experienced the wind rush and noise amongst other things - and Ive written about it quite a bit as I use dto experience this regually - and to me it was a real and actual event.

And yes, it can make you sleepless from fear if your not sure whats happening.
It can help if you sleep lying on your stomach - not on your back or sitting up, or leaning against the bed head. Lie as flat as you can and you will sleep without bringing it on.

(((((hugs)))))

canid

Since this isn't my first visit with my dad, & others, I'm used to it (haha!) & they DO voice that time is different there. It's just that this dream with my dad hasn't happened in a while. It's just so neat! Maybe my repertoire of dreamees will increase? There are several that I'd like to see...and it's much easier for them to appear to us in dreams, takes less energy for them. I think maybe the scary episode was because I WASN'T completely asleep & whatever barrier or energy field or whatever I was going thru just scared the bejeesus out of me.

I can't sleep on my stomach because it makes my back hurt too bad to sleep. I sleep kinda sorta on my side & stomach with a pillow between my legs because of hip pain. I'm not complaining, that's just how I have to sleep because of lupus.

Sometimes I wonder if abilities to see the 'other side', or whatever you choose to call it, may be enhanced as we age & get closer TO that other side.

Demon Goddess

canid said:
Sometimes I wonder if abilities to see the 'other side', or whatever you choose to call it, may be enhanced as we age & get closer TO that other side.

I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with age, so much as it does ability to comprehend that there is another side.

I wish I had my cards with me. I'd love to ask Melody her thoughts on your experience.

celticnoodle

canid said:
Since this isn't my first visit with my dad, & others, I'm used to it (haha!) & they DO voice that time is different there. It's just that this dream with my dad hasn't happened in a while. It's just so neat! Maybe my repertoire of dreamees will increase? There are several that I'd like to see...and it's much easier for them to appear to us in dreams, takes less energy for them. I think maybe the scary episode was because I WASN'T completely asleep & whatever barrier or energy field or whatever I was going thru just scared the bejeesus out of me.
:) ah, i see. and, I can agree. it never ceases to amaze me when my father comes to visit me, or my long ago deceased dog, and other people as well. even with all the psychic medium readings I do, I find each and everyone of them a blessing, a gift and incredibly wonderful! so, i can understand what you were feeling.

I can't sleep on my stomach because it makes my back hurt too bad to sleep. I sleep kinda sorta on my side & stomach with a pillow between my legs because of hip pain. I'm not complaining, that's just how I have to sleep because of lupus.

no, I do not think the age has anything to do with it. I think it's just that we have experienced it, accepted it and are not fearful of it. I've known many people who have experienced visits and who were terribly afraid as a result-and this fear keeps it from happening again. others who have not accepted it for what it was, and insist it was an incredible dream instead. and then those who are so fearful of it, they label it as something bad and just will not ever accept this sort of ability.

Nevada

My dad passed in November, and he's been visiting me in dreams a lot just recently, so I can relate to this. My mom and grandmother have, before him, as well as a former boss, who was an important mentor to me in life, and still is.

celticnoodle

oh, nevada, that is wonderful. :) doesn't it make you feel great to know that they can come to you?

Oddity

canid said:
Thank you! I've done research on sleep paralysis because it happened to me about 10 years ago. That was frightening too, but this was very different. No one was 'holding' me down, there was no entity, (well, heehee, except for that spirit flinging stars but it went away), just a different sensation entirely. It was like I 'was' the vibration, not just engulfed helplessly.
Just adding, that in sleep paralysis there is not always the feeling of someone holding you down, nor do you have to see/feel/notice an entity of some sort. Sometimes it is just being paralyzed. And dreaming awake, in a very strange state of mind.
(I'm not saying this was, or wasn't, the cause of your experience. I just wanted to add this, now that the thing was mentioned )

But what a fascinating thing you experienced, canid. :) Thank you for sharing the story, it's very interesting. And I love to read everybody else's experiences and ideas too, this is a wonderful thread.

canid

Demon Goddess said:
I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with age, so much as it does ability to comprehend that there is another side.

I wish I had my cards with me. I'd love to ask Melody her thoughts on your experience.

Could you ask later? Please?

Demon Goddess

canid said:
Could you ask later? Please?

I have just asked now and here is her response: (Moderator, feel free to split this out and move it to somewhere more appropriate if this is off-topic)

The cards: The Tower (Rx), The Sun XIX, The Fool (Rx):

You refuse to tear down the false beliefs, but it is time. Your ego likes to control the game and for the most part you are happy to allow it to do so, but at the molecular level, it is time for you to move on and until you do you are destined to live in the outer solid world rather than within yourself where happiness and indeed your destiny lie.

Your happiness depends upon it. If you want it, if you take the active motivation to seek it, then it can be yours, but so long as you look at dreams such as this with fear then you cannot begin your journey.

She essentially wants you to explore the most fearsome parts of the nightmare as this is a required phase in your journey.

Demon Goddess

Nevada said:
My dad passed in November, and he's been visiting me in dreams a lot just recently, so I can relate to this. My mom and grandmother have, before him, as well as a former boss, who was an important mentor to me in life, and still is.

Thinking about people's energies and "life after death", did you ever wonder, can they come to you after they have stepped into their next life?