WHAT type of Spirituality are you most interested in right now?

greatdane

I have studied religions, alternative religions, philosophy on my own and at uni.

I just find belief systems really interesting and take what I can and leave what I can't.

The more I study, research, the more I see I need and want to learn.

Right now, it is Hoodoo because that is something I just don't know much about.

So, what religion, philosophy, any type of spirituality are YOU most interested in, or are involved in studying, right now?

Barleywine

Because I have ancestral links to Ireland and Scotland, I'm really interested in druidry as a nature-based spiritual path, not as a ritualistic "religion" per se. Wicca has always interested my wife and me, but it seems to have too strong a religious underpinning for iconoclasts like us. I explored Wicca a couple of decades ago, and more recently delved into druidcraft.

greatdane

Interesting, Barleywine

That is why I wanted to make this thread as inclusive as possible.

For ANY and ALL aspects of any type of spirituality, in whatever form it may take.

I admit I do not know much at all about Druidry, but think it sounds fascinating, from what I have read. Are there any books you have found you particularly enjoyed re Druidcraft, Barleywine?

Barleywine

That is why I wanted to make this thread as inclusive as possible.

For ANY and ALL aspects of any type of spirituality, in whatever form it may take.

I admit I do not know much at all about Druidry, but think it sounds fascinating, from what I have read. Are there any books you have found you particularly enjoyed re Druidcraft, Barleywine?

John Michael Greer's Druidry Handbook seems like a good place to start.

greatdane

Thanks for that reference, Barleywine!

Oh, I have his Natural Magic book! I forgot he has other books out.

celticnoodle

just saw this thread, G.D.

I am interested in Buddhism lately and can't get enough of it. I'm not a Buddhist, but I really like their approach to life. Currently, I am reading the book "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" by Sogyal Rinpoche. I am loving it!

I have many other books about Buddhism and I find each of them wonderful and very informative. Will I become a Buddhist? No...very doubtful. But, I do think they have a great way of life about them. simple and pure.

Disa

Gosh I've studied so much in my metaphysical courses and on my own, world religions. I'm interested in ALL of it! The problem is, I've barely retained any of the info.

I've learned quite a bit about witchcraft and Wicca. Wicca is too much of an organized religion for me, but it has some very good points and beliefs.

My passion lies in all indigenous cultures and their spirituality. Nature based religions and their forms of magic. Any culture with any type of Shaman, I want to read about it. I've studied some about Aborigones, Native Americans, Different African Cultures. I'm also interested in Voodoo and Hoodoo. I have so many books on all of it and haven't taken the time to delve in. Still a few projects I'm working on before I can get to them.

I saved the book you mentioned, Barleywine, since it really isn't easy to find reliable sources in Druidry. My understanding is they really didn't write things down for anyone to find. When I was searching for info on it, it was hard to tell what was real and what wasn't. Maybe it's just me. Good luck in your studies.

Apollonia

At the moment, I'm focusing on raising my vibration, tuning in to abundance, and being in the flow of Divine perfection. The two books I'm currently reading are Outrageous Openness: Letting the Divine Take the Lead by Tosha Silver and Dissolve the Problem by Shifting Physical Reality by Richard Dotts.

linnie

North American indigenous spirituality... and mainly just playing my flute!! :)

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

KhonsuMes

For me, as kind of always, it is Ancient Egyptian.

At the moment I am finishing up a book to be published posthumously for my friend Richard Reidy.

As well, I'm reading and studying books for my own research and practice.

One quite significant one in the past few months is :
Darnell, John Coleman. "Theban Desert Road Survey II: The Rock Shrine of Pahu, Gebel Akhenaton, and Other Rock Inscriptions from the Western Hinterland of Qamula." Yale Egyptological Seminar, 2013.

The section on the Rock Shrine of Pahu is significant because this new find is a rich source of information on Personal Piety and the relationship between State and Folk religion in the early middle 18th Dynasty - around the reign of Thutmose IV. For a long time the academic evidence for significant Personal Piety came from the 19th Dynasty - after the Amarna Period. Now we know that it was there before Akhenaton and _not_ a reaction to him. Not that that should be surprising, really, since Personal Piety is a part of every religious culture known, but it will cause a redirect of theoretical thinking and likely provide an impetus to look for even earlier examples.

There is a lot more there beyond just the mere date of its existence too. Important stuff for those of us reconstructing the ancient practices.

(Sorry if this is TMI, but you asked GreatDane)! ;-)