What would you say is the scariest/creepiest Tarot deck?

InkyAlchemy

Such an interesting thread! It really speaks to the fact of how important it is to find a deck that you can connect with.

nisaba

Without a shadow of a doubt, the deck that eclipses them all for scariness and darkness is the Bosch Tarot. I now own a couple of officially authorised "dark decks" (which this one isn't), and they are sweet, sunny children's toys beside the Bosch.

I think it is so creepy because it taps not only into Mediaeval fears of hellfire, torture and deformity, but because it digs into the darkest, most unacknowledged corners of the psyche and pulls out horrors that make even our most desperate bits recoil in horror and revulsion.

I have no idea at all why it isn't accepted as a dark deck here: perhaps because the people that decide these things can't look past the pastel colours in some of the images, that only make the deck even more bizarre?

I've never found any reference to any deck that is creepier.

RunningWild

ooooOOoooO How did I never see the Bosch images before?

Merrily off to add something else to my wishlist. Thanks for that.

EyeAmEye

Without a shadow of a doubt, the deck that eclipses them all for scariness and darkness is the Bosch Tarot. I now own a couple of officially authorised "dark decks" (which this one isn't), and they are sweet, sunny children's toys beside the Bosch.

I think it is so creepy because it taps not only into Mediaeval fears of hellfire, torture and deformity, but because it digs into the darkest, most unacknowledged corners of the psyche and pulls out horrors that make even our most desperate bits recoil in horror and revulsion.

I have no idea at all why it isn't accepted as a dark deck here: perhaps because the people that decide these things can't look past the pastel colours in some of the images, that only make the deck even more bizarre?

I've never found any reference to any deck that is creepier.

Very good point you make. I've owned the Bosch for a while now and never really thought of it as creepy, but it really is if you think about it enough.

MizGrace

This will sound weird but, tarot of the elves! yes believe it or not my mother said "if you saw what is saw in that deck, you would sell them quick smart." I slept with them that night omg worst nightmares ever had in my life, so to me, that deck gives me the chills. I have the bookset and now I am wanting rid of it. She didn't like them at all.

Gulliver

The Vertigo is not half bad.

delizt

Yes the Bosch for me, totally creeped me out!!! ugh!!!

And yet the Deviant Moon, which I thought would most likely creep me out didn't.....

interesting thread here, I am enjoying reading it

Ambience

Thoth tarot i don't like it - it creeps me out. I don't know why.

inhalexhale

The cards that frightened me the most were The Konaxari Cards
http://www.konxari.com/
I kept having dreams of dreadful things that were about to happen to someone but no way for me to help. I traded them away very quickly. I hope whomever got them is OK. I told them why I traded them.
Wow, I got to the 15th page of this thread, I Googled literally EVERY tarot deck that was named (even adding a few to my wishlist along the way), and I was starting to think that I would be able to come to the end and say "nothing here spooks me!"
This did. I couldn't even stay on the website for five seconds. I clicked off as fast as I clicked on! Of course, this only intrigues me further... this discomfort makes me almost WANT it!

The website says "ditch the Ouija board and grab the Konaxari deck. It's like having a Blackberry to the other side", which is funny because I noticed that some people had mentioned don't keep Ouija boards in the house and whatnot. I've never really been like that with this sort of thing. I'm not easily unsettled, I own and have used Ouija boards a billion times (and honestly, they don't work very well if at all in my opinion, LMAO). I'm sort of a paranormal/ghostly/otherwordly junkie so the fact that this deck makes me SO uncomfortable at first glance is shocking.

Thanks for giving me the creeps! Hahaha

Edit: Upon further inspection, I'm not AS creeped out as I was originally.. but I am still fascinated, somewhat weirded out, and desperate to acquire them!