whats your style

alyna

Hi

I thought we should all share our methods and styles as to how we draw and read our cards
So please do share about how you shuffle them, how you draw them and how you read them

A particular thing i want to know is that there are many meanings for same combo, so how do you decide which one is making more sense, Don't you feel like you get biased while reading for yourself?

Thanks a lot for sharing :)

Flaxen

Well, there some things I don't do with Lenormand cards - I don't do daily draws. I tried them but didn't find them particularly helpful. Trying to fit them into the days events retrospectively just seemed to dilute meanings for me.

For me, Lenormand works best when used occasionally e.g. once a month to get a general overview or to ask a specific question.

Before this month, I'd never really done a GT but I can see that it is potentially very rich. My spreads usually are smaller - 9 cards or 5 cards using the 'no-layout' method.

With the 5 card 'no-layout', I focus on my question and think about the card which represents that area. eg. if my question relates to my health, I keep the tree card in mind while I shuffle. When I've stopped shuffling, I fan the cards out and find my key card e.g. tree and then the relevant 5 cards to read ( 2 before + tree + 2 after).

My meanings for combos can vary - I try to go with my intuition but certain ones always go together in my mind to mean a specific thing.

andybc

Most of the time I just draw between five and nine cards; I use the same method as tarot for shuffling and dealing (riffle three times, cut x 3) and then draw using the fan. I never let my clients who have had readings with these shuffle the deck, only select the cards. For the GT I shuffle and cut the same but I always look at the bottom cards on the final cut, and then deal from the top.

Do you mean style as in ‘school’ i.e. French? German? Sylvie Steinbach? I actually don’t know what school my grandmother and aunt belonged to, but I use meanings they did. I’ve been told by one person it’s Belgian, French by another… I think it’s important you at least have one idea on the cards and then adapt as appropriate for you.

With combinations I don’t think you should ever cling to a list, your intuition and the context of the reading will guide you. Some cards clearly do have a pattern when they fall together, but this again can vary from reader to reader.

214red

i try everything and see what fits and different times, i try and and find the pivotal card, the card that stands out and run away with it

Amanda

I'll admit, I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. Everyone seems to be doing it differently, so I'm clueless as to how I should be reading these cards.

andybc

i try everything and see what fits and different times, i try and and find the pivotal card, the card that stands out and run away with it

TBH I think that is the true way with these cards: the respond to you, and we are all different. Testimony to this is two readers using two different methods can often still pinpoint the same thing. I can't remember which blog it was on but there was a few experiments.

I'll admit, I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. Everyone seems to be doing it differently, so I'm clueless as to how I should be reading these cards.

Whether you 'know' what you're doing, you're still getting results so you must be doing it right :)

My grandmother and aunt both used them, but in totally different ways. As they were sisters they must have learnt off the same person, but their views and usage was completely different to the best of my memory.

alyna

Before:

1) shuffle cards
2) say the question aloud
3) draw 3-5 cards off the top

I had a successful experiment with my cards three days ago when i changed the method

1) say the question aloud
2) think of a card representing my question, e.g Rider for a message
3) concentrate on the card, visualizing it in my head while shuffling
4) decide how many cards i want to draw and then dividing the deck into that many piles
3 piles for 3 cards, 5 for 5

5) take the top card off each pile.

about the method of reading, i just learnt it from you guys to be creative about meaning. Amanda was first one to inspire me to be "visual" and then rest of you followed :)

Thank you guys!

amazing results

mamawhodun

Hi

I thought we should all share our methods and styles as to how we draw and read our cards
So please do share about how you shuffle them, how you draw them and how you read them

A particular thing i want to know is that there are many meanings for same combo, so how do you decide which one is making more sense, Don't you feel like you get biased while reading for yourself?

Thanks a lot for sharing :)

Hi Alyna;

I shuffle my cards when I am doing a daily draw of 3 cards. If I am doing a layout requiring more than 3 cards I "mix" the cards, i.e. deal the deck into 5 piles and then pick them up into 1 pile and then deal them face down into my layout.

Along the way I have found that the question is the key as to which meaning to use. If about work use - work meanings, about relationships focus on those meanings and so on.

It is harder to read for yourself 'cause you are in your own head and often will drown out the soft intuitive response. One solution is to exchange readings with another card reader.

MW

214red

Confession...
sometimes i dont even shuffle, i pulled one or 3 or 5 on a bus or train or home.