When the Hanged-man comes up...

HearthCricket

Yesteday I had a lot of fun doing readings for myself with the Halloween deck before the little gremlins were coming to the door. I started with a 3 card spread (past, present, future) which seem right on the past, but present and future were almsot switched, so I went for the Celtic Cross and a much clearer reading came out for me. My last card (10th) was the Hanged Man. This morning I pulled out my Gilded for a 1 card daily pick and also received the Hanged Man. To me, this seems accurate, at least as how I perceive this card in a reading. My question is if you kept getting the Hanged Man in those positions, how would you interepret it? I know there is always a wide variety of interpretations, especially when read with other cards in a spread, but I would love some input on this. Thank you!

Milfoil

Without knowing the surrounding situation it suggests to me that if you make no change, this limbo that you find yourself in will continue.

Thirteen

HearthCricket said:
Yesteday I had a lot of fun doing readings for myself with the Halloween deck before the little gremlins were coming to the door. I started with a 3 card spread (past, present, future) which seem right on the past, but present and future were almsot switched, so I went for the Celtic Cross and a much clearer reading came out for me. My last card (10th) was the Hanged Man. This morning I pulled out my Gilded for a 1 card daily pick and also received the Hanged Man. To me, this seems accurate, at least as how I perceive this card in a reading. My question is if you kept getting the Hanged Man in those positions, how would you interepret it?
Not to be funny about it, but if I keep getting the Hanged Man, it's time to cleanse the deck ;)

Seriously. The Hanged Man turning up time and again usually signals to me either (1) The reader is doing too many of the same readings over and over again; the deck is informing the reader to stop being so "hung up" on knowing what's going to happen. It's told you all you need to know for now, time to move on. Or, (2) The deck is telling you that it's "hung up" and needs a cleansing.

Umbrae

...or Three (which is related to prior points in a way), you're (they're) in-between points and are not ready for either A or B.

ain't never cleaned a deck in 32 years of reading...

Adjustment

To me sometimes the hanged man advice to stop controlling a situation, let things to unfold in their own. perhaps your situation is in a period of transition and there is nothing you can do about it but just wait.

HearthCricket

Tara and Umbrae...you nailed it. That is exactly where I was coming from. I am in a limbo state, but a good one...one I have chosen for the time being and it is working for me. It isn't quite ready to move on, so I need to accept the state that I am in and make the most of it. Moving on will come in the proper time. Thanks!

I don't cleanse decks, but wouldn't need to anyhow, as I stated that the first hanging-man came from my Halloween deck (brand new, straight out of its wrapping) and the second one came from this morning, out of my trusty Gilded. No need to clean either of them. Thank you for your input, though!