Which distributor to purchase decks from?

Zennistar

Dear All,

I have ordered decks published by Lo Scarabeo both from Llewellyn and Amazon US. Recently I got the Olympus tarot from Amazon but found the card stock a bit filmsy and not as good as other decks by LS. I wonder if they made decks differently according to distributors.

Or is it because the year of publishing is different hence the quality difference?

I want to order two back up decks from Amazon again but worry that the card stock is not as good as the ones I purchased from Llywellyn.

Please let me know your opinions.

Thank you.

PattyMc

Hi Zennistar! Riccardo from Lo Scarebeo answered in another thread about this:http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=223468
Hi there
(ages since I logged in the purple field ^^)

Gregory asked me If I could shed some light on the different editions of an LS product, especially Llewellyn editions.
As I am the first to realize that this is probably OT in this thread, I would also kindly ask the Moderators to move it/ delete it as they see fit. I apologize in advance but it's too long, and I wouldn't know what would be the proper thing to do, so I leave to them.

Collaboration between LS and LL is stronger and closer than merely distribution.
For instance, there is an unofficial agreement and LL can include LS images in their book.
(they always dutifully ask for permission, and permission is always granted).
We support each other in marketing and occasionally production.

However, regarding LS products, they are always the SAME if produced for US market or "rest of the world" market. The only differences may be the boxes which are printed together, but the LL ones have a different ISBN and the LL logo. But the deck inside it's always the same.

Supplier (and as such production specifications) may change from product to product (and rarely from KIT edition and deck only edition), and may change from different editions of the same product (in different years). But it NEVER changes between LS and LL distribution.

All the best,

Riccardo
Hope this helps,
Patty

Zennistar

Thank you so much for replying.