why not ask the cards part 2

Redfirestone

I was just searching info on the origin of tarot and then it hit me I can't expect to find the answer by just googling it I need to put myself in the perspective of someone who is open-minded. Depending on your deck its kind of easy to tell that the Major Arcana shows what ppl go through or will go through in life, but for someone who has never used playing cards for divination it can be difficult. At first when I saw what the cards looked like during the time they were used for games I didnt think I was correct because there was nothing pointed towards the fact that those cards talk about life. So I did some more research and learned that a deck named the Dodal Deck(which was then re-created by a man named Marseillie in 1760) was created and I saw picture of The Hermit and the image does well indicate the meaning behind the card. Perhaps the person who started Tarot came across these cards and his/her mind told him/her that it can be used for something greater. Identifying the year this person created tarot is hard to figure out because the first Major Arcana cards known as the Visconti Trumps dated back to 1440 while te Dodal Deck dated back to 1701. Both decks accuratley potray the meanings behind the cards. I cannot find out when using the cards for divination actually happened so if anybody know's dont hesitate to tell me with that info it can much easier to figure out because I just need to know between 1440 and the year divination began when did this person use the cards for divination. Also the years may vary due to the fact that some websites have different dates also we must take into account that the church was not to happy about some of the images on the cards so that might have effected something.

Thoughtful

These are questions l am sure you could find answers to by going to the Tarot History section here or the Marseille section. Lots of interesting reading there and some very knowledgeable people :)

madhatter00o

Ehem... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarot

Follow whatever links seem useful to your research. Then, look at the bibliographies. See if there any books you'd be interested in reading. Search here on AT for reviews; alternatively, search Amazon and read reviews on there. See about obtaining (borrow, buy, barter for) the ones you want.

Cheers, ~ Hatter

Redfirestone

These are questions l am sure you could find answers to by going to the Tarot History section here or the Marseille section. Lots of interesting reading there and some very knowledgeable people :)

Thank you for your help

Redfirestone

Ehem... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarot

Follow whatever links seem useful to your research. Then, look at the bibliographies. See if there any books you'd be interested in reading. Search here on AT for reviews; alternatively, search Amazon and read reviews on there. See about obtaining (borrow, buy, barter for) the ones you want.

Cheers, ~ Hatter

Thank you for your help