Wildwood Tarot Out of Stock? What's Up?

Theta Choir

Although there *are* some copies of The Wildwood Tarot that can be found here and there, most places I look are out of stock. It appears that they should be back in stock within the next month or so, but it just made me wonder if there is a particular reason it went out of stock in the first place?

As in, are they releasing a new printing, or a new edition? When it comes back in stock, will there be any changes? I am under the impression that the edition that has most recently been available is the 2nd edition, which updated the card backs and added some additional text to the court card descriptions in the book.

I just wondered if I should order the deck wherever I can find it right now, or if there will be any changes to the deck worth waiting another month or so for when it finally comes back in stock to most places?

Has anyone heard anything?

HighPriestess

Well there's a mass market edition coming out in October. Don't know if you'd be interested in waiting for that.

Theta Choir

Well there's a mass market edition coming out in October. Don't know if you'd be interested in waiting for that.

Oh really? I did not know that. I will have to see if I can find some information about what that edition will look like. Thank you for the heads up!

gregory

That is not exactly clear.... :joke:

FaintlyMacabre

I would think people would be like more .. psychic here.

Diana

danieljuk

I always read Wildwood and Wild Unknown's names wrong as well, they are easily confusable but Wild Unknown is the one that will be mass market!

On Wildwood's Official Facebook, there was a post about this in March....

A quick heads-up: we hope to have copies of The Wildwood Tarot back in stock, on the website by the end of April. post here

There is nothing else about this but looking at shops online there is stock shortages! I think there is no posts about it ending or going OOP and the Wildwood team post quite a lot online about their deck and also do meetups and events, so it's not a OOP deck or abandoned yet. There is also no reference to doing a reprint. I think this is just stock shortages and perhaps more are being printed.

I would wait Theta, you might pay a premium price for the remaining stock. See what is happening. There is no indication of it going OOP or a new version. I think just new stock is on the way :)

Theta Choir

[Snip...] I think this is just stock shortages and perhaps more are being printed.

I would wait Theta, you might pay a premium price for the remaining stock. See what is happening. There is no indication of it going OOP or a new version. I think just new stock is on the way :)

Thanks danieljuk, and everyone else! Yeah, I think I *will* wait. There's no rush, after all. To be honest, I just trimmed my Druidcraft and am still in the process of trying to "gild" the edges with a metallic-gold stamp pad, so I probably shouldn't distract myself with another deck right now or I'll never finish it! :D

Le Fanu

The fact that this constantly pops up as recommended on amazon after Doreen Virtue and the Rider Waite and Gilded makes me think that this is one of the most successful tarot decks around in terms of sales so it wouldn't make sense to have it go OOP.

Maybe it´s another printing - would that be the third or fourth?

I'm sure they'll be back in stock soon.