XVIII The Moon Reversed

Iona

I've been searching old threads to find the meaning of The Moon reversed but all I've found so far is *very* negative meanings.
I got this card in the 'how can I get moving' pos. (I used Gwynne's spread 'Get moving', you can view the other cards in the attachment).

So in this case this card could be talking about a refusal of getting into deep waters to acknowledge/confront something (represented by that III of Swords)? Therefore this could be a remainder that I can't leave without getting my feet wet? (well, this is the only thing that comes to my mind)

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 13-08-06.jpg
    13-08-06.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 366

tink27

Iona said:
I've been searching old threads to find the meaning of The Moon reversed but all I've found so far is *very* negative meanings.
I got this card in the 'how can I get moving' pos. (I used Gwynne's spread 'Get moving', you can view the other cards in the attachment).

So in this case this card could be talking about a refusal of getting into deep waters to acknowledge/confront something (represented by that III of Swords)? Therefore this could be a remainder that I can't leave without getting my feet wet? (well, this is the only thing that comes to my mind)

Thanks in advance

Hi Iona,

I hope others will help in your search here.

I can't help but feel that there are forces operating around you that are beyond your control. I see the Moon asking you to become a detective in tracking down the clues to unravel this mystery. Deep within are the answers which will provide insight, raw materials (the earth) and show you the way.

Perhaps the way is through the ground of your imagination!! Or, maybe it's telling you to embrace your deeper resources and your talents will emerge.

tink

WalesWoman

These should probably go into Your Readings, since it is a whole spread, but...
it looks to me as if 3 cups is fore most on your mind, since some are fallen. (Even reversed, you aren't seeing the opportunity here) It may have happened or it may be something that concerns you, since RX it is above your head, that you may think it will happen... that the concern is the 3 Swords is the next card, that this has become the focus of your thoughts to the exclusion of others, perhaps almost obsessive, wanting things to be different, so the Moon reversed seems to be advice to gain some real clarity here... to actually get past the three swords wounds to heal, rather than going over it again & again and reopening them. The howling animals is what grabbed my attention here... sort of shouting outrage and pain at the heavens but not going anywhere, stuck between two places and not moving along the path... that it won't do any good really. So maybe... you may have to accept sometimes things happen that may never be fully understood, especially when it comes to differences of opinion.

Since the 4 Cups and Moon are both passive cards and reversed, that being passive isn't going to help get you through this, that you need to actively face what got you here due to the 3 Swords and allow yourself to heal. Understand where your emotions are really coming from... and give yourself some time to get over it... but not dwell on it. With the Moon upside down, the water falls out... is not contained. So maybe the advice is to let it out and then let it go...

Iona

tink27 said:
Hi Iona,

I hope others will help in your search here.

I can't help but feel that there are forces operating around you that are beyond your control. I see the Moon asking you to become a detective in tracking down the clues to unravel this mystery. Deep within are the answers which will provide insight, raw materials (the earth) and show you the way.

Perhaps the way is through the ground of your imagination!! Or, maybe it's telling you to embrace your deeper resources and your talents will emerge.

tink

Hi Tink27,
I understand you're using the moon as meaning 'hidden secrets' so reversed would mean trying to expose them to the light, right? I had completely forgotten this meaning so that could make some sense, thank you! :)

WalesWoman said:
These should probably go into Your Readings, since it is a whole spread, but...
it looks to me as if 3 cups is fore most on your mind, since some are fallen. (Even reversed, you aren't seeing the opportunity here) It may have happened or it may be something that concerns you, since RX it is above your head, that you may think it will happen... that the concern is the 3 Swords is the next card, that this has become the focus of your thoughts to the exclusion of others, perhaps almost obsessive, wanting things to be different, so the Moon reversed seems to be advice to gain some real clarity here... to actually get past the three swords wounds to heal, rather than going over it again & again and reopening them. The howling animals is what grabbed my attention here... sort of shouting outrage and pain at the heavens but not going anywhere, stuck between two places and not moving along the path... that it won't do any good really. So maybe... you may have to accept sometimes things happen that may never be fully understood, especially when it comes to differences of opinion.

Since the 4 Cups and Moon are both passive cards and reversed, that being passive isn't going to help get you through this, that you need to actively face what got you here due to the 3 Swords and allow yourself to heal. Understand where your emotions are really coming from... and give yourself some time to get over it... but not dwell on it. With the Moon upside down, the water falls out... is not contained. So maybe the advice is to let it out and then let it go...

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ask for the meaning of all the cards, I just added them as to make the Moon's possible meaning clearer (but hey, I'm not complaining :D).
The funny thing is that reading your take on these cards makes me go in a whole different direction (!). I had no specific question and I'm surprised to see that this reading can apply to different areas of my life.

You both have given me some ideas to work on, thanks!

Iona