Yes or No Spread--Opinions needed

Samantha164

Hi-

I never read reversals when I do readings. Most yes/no spreads involve reversals, so it has been difficult for me to find one that works. I found the yes/no spread idea below and just wanted some feedback.

Taken from "Power Tarot" by Trish MacGregor

In this one-card spread, use all the Major Arcana cards, and the Nine of Cups. “If the Nine of Cups comes up, it means a resounding yes.“

Here is how the other cards should be interpreted:

Yes: Fool, Magician, Empress, Emperor, Chariot, Justice, Star, Sun, World, Nine of Cups.

Can Go Either Way: High Priestess, Wheel of Fortune, Lovers, Hierophant, Moon, Judgment.

No: Strength, Tower, Temperance, Hermit, Hanged Man, Death, Devil.

Any opinions?

Thanks!

rwcarter

I wouldn't be inclined to use that particular spread. (I have that book and don't remember that spread, which means that I didn't copy it into my spread collection.) Like you, I don't use reversals either. I've found that Rainwolf's Awesome Yes/No Spread works beautifully with a slight modification. Where she uses reversals, I use elemental qualities - Fire and Air cards (Wands, Swords and appropriate Major Arcana) are active and Earth and Water cards (Pentacles, Cups and appropriate Major Arcana) are passive.

3 Active cards is a definite Yes
2 Active/1 Passive is a probable Yes
2 Passive/1 Active is a probably No
3 Passive is a definite No

Give it a try. I'd be happy to help if you have any questions.

Rodney

Samantha164

Thanks Rodney!

I'm going to try the spread. It's very interesting, just one question: You said that the Fire and Air cards (Wands, Swords and appropriate Major Arcana) are active and Earth and Water cards (Pentacles, Cups and appropriate Major Arcana) are passive. Which Major Arcana do you consider passive and which do you consider active?

Samantha

rwcarter

Hi Samantha,

I follow the Golden Dawn attributions for the Major Arcana, which you can find here. There is lots of great information at that site.

Rodney

Delacey

Hi Samantha,
I do not read reversals either. I really like this spread for yes and no's as it gives a lot of other information into the situation.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=93916

Give it a whirl. If you have any questions feel free to msg me.
Delacey