Your MOST and LEAST intuitive decks.

Silver Crow

I do believe that some decks allow me to be more intuitive than others.

MOST: Pearls of Wisdom - it brings out something new to me each time I look at the cards. Never a dull or common moment with this deck.

Anna K - There's something about it that gives me a new outlook.
Golden - It just sings
Deidre of the Sorrows - she has a voice of her own

LEAST: Da Vinci Enigma - I just can't for the life of me work intuitively with this deck. I try and try but end up putting it back on the shelf every time.

What are yours?

greatdane

Nice question, Silver Crow!

Most: Anna. K and Pocket Universal Waite
Least: Gave them away!

Chronata

I think I can read with all of my decks in some form, intuitively...but sometimes it's harder than other times.

I find that a different system lends itself more towards intuitive reading...as does really fantastical artwork.

I think the more it is like an RWS...(the clones, or ones that substitute symbols)the harder I find to intuitively read with it. (though I can use the RWS with no problems at all!)

Most intuitive for me, are decks that challenge me in some way...
Fradella Adventure, Tarot of the III Millennium, Paulina, Lunatic, Universal fantasy...these are great for trusting that first thing that pops in my head.

Decks like The Wonderland, Halloween, Tarot of the Magical Forest, International Icon...as much as I really love some of them...turned out to be a lot harder for me to "flash" intuitively with.

Le Fanu

Great thread;

Most intuitive; Navigators of the Mystic Sea. Positively swirls.
Least intuitive; Morgan Greer (nothing to grab hold of for me; just the RWS symbols stripped down)

Silver Crow

Chronata said:
Tarot of the III Millennium, Paulina, Lunatic, Universal fantasy...these are great for trusting that first thing that pops in my head.

Decks like The Wonderland, Halloween, Tarot of the Magical Forest, International Icon...as much as I really love some of them...turned out to be a lot harder for me to "flash" intuitively with.

Isn''t Tarot of the III Millennium a great deck?? So under appreciated.

I agree with the others you listed not so intuitive ones, I wanted to love Magical Forest, but it wasn't happening for me.

MysticalMoose

Hmm that's an interesting question :)

The decks that I feel I read most intuitively with are: BG, Vargo Gothic & DruidCraft, & Lisa Hunt's Fairytale. Oracle wise - Symbolon/Graven Images

The decks stimulate my intuition the least are probably ones like Oswald Wirth, Golden Botticelli, Tarot Of The Old Path,

PedroEmperor

Awesome thread.

My Morgan-Greer speaks to me in a way no other deck ever has. I look at the cards and I just KNOW what they're saying. It's even weird to me sometimes, but with this one I totally trust my intuition, even when I feel like I'm talking nonsense to the querent :p

The one that speaks the least to my intuition is the Tarot de los Angeles...CAN'T, just CAN'T! Even using the companion book, I just don't get what it says :( It's in the bottom of the drawer. A shame.

Libra8ca

Most intuitive: Bohemian Gothic, Quest. I also like the Tarot of Trees but haven't had a lot of time to work with it; it seems to be more suitable for some questions than others.

Least Intuitive: Standard RWS, Quantum and Sacred Rose

Carla

Most--Haindl--I find you really have to go with your instincts on this one, pull it right out of your depths

Least--Herbal--straight RWS, very pretty though. If I knew what the herbs meant it would be more intuitive probably

Easiest for me to read--Anna K--it's like reading words off a page almost, no problem whatever--but that doesn't mean 'intuitive' to me. To me intuitive means I come up with something that surprises even me. Like, whoa, where did that come from. I get that most with Haindl...

Hardest for me to read--Rabbit! All those bunnies are cute, but they all look alike, have no expressions, and aren't even RWS. Dang.

MareSaturni

PedroEmperor said:
The one that speaks the least to my intuition is the Tarot de los Angeles...CAN'T, just CAN'T! Even using the companion book, I just don't get what it says :( It's in the bottom of the drawer. A shame.

If you ever decide to recover it from the bottom of the drawer, let me know })

Most: RWS, Enchanted/Zerner-Farber (it was my first deck), Mythic, Sharman-Caselli and surprisingly enough, the Sensual Wicca!

Least: Thoth & Liber T (the Crowley family leaves me completely blank); the Buddha Tarot (I absolutely love it, but for the time being can only read it with the companion book); the Templar Tarot.

As you may have noticed, the RWS-ish decks are the most intuitive for me. TdM stands in the middle and Thoth-family is the least intuitive.

But my dream is to become a competent reader with all my decks. :)