Tarot Funnies

MoonLitCrystal

I had something funny happen to me just a few minutes ago. I was doing a reading for a fellow ATer, and a card slipped out of the pile. I took a look and it was Death. Not two seconds later hubby (who I thought was on the couch) noisily opened the door to our storage room, scaring the you know what out of me.

After I got done gasping and jumping out of my seat I told hubby, "You know, seeing the Death card as you did that didn't help matters!"

Think the deck was playing a trick on me? :laugh:

I'd love to hear others' funny tarot tales.

Mellifluous

Probably not haha funny, but weird/cool...

Earlier this week I was listening to music and singing along and idly shuffling a deck. For some reason I started laying cards down in front of me even though I had no question and wasn't concentrating on anything besides the music. About the second song in, I realized the cards were matching the song lyrics! lol

So I kept doing it. Went straight through the deck... about ten or twelve songs' worth. When I got to the last song, the last cards left in my hands fit the lyrics of the last song perfectly. It was really cool and highly amusing.

reine de saba

I was given my first deck a little over two years ago, never really connected, and found this site as I was researching investing in *my first* very own. Agonising. Visconti? Estensi? Nigel Jackson? I didn't have enough access to internet to buy online and so when I found the Estensi here in the city, that's what "decided" for me.

Did my first spread after a long shuffle, immediately on getting home and opening the box, wondering all the while if this was the "right" deck, doubting and questioning.

What appeared in the position of my" immediate problem"? An extra card I hadn't seen to remove, listing all of LS's other decks!

I found my deck cheeky and we bonded from there on in.

:royal:,

saba

MoonLitCrystal

Very cute stories ;)

balenciaga

In the Golden deck, the empress is holding a baby who is playing a harp. I pulled it the other night and focused immediately on the baby and the instrument. I also pulled the 3 cups - there are women dancing on that card. It was late, so I went inside and put on the tv. There was nothing good on other than indie music videos on a local station - very cute video of boys playing in a band with girls dancing in the background:)

balenciaga

I have another surprising one.:) The other day I was looking for specific white tee shirts that I like to wear in summer, but all of my summer clothes are neatly folded in a multitude of bins; it would take me forever to find them. So I asked my deck (with very little faith I would get a discernible answer) - and one of the cards I pulled was the 9 cups and some other happy cards. The cards looked like "rejoicing", happy! hurrah! I said out loud, "There is no way I will find them. I looked fruitlessly for an hour yesterday" (I was about to give up). Not two minutes after I started looking, there they were, neatly sitting near the top of the pile in the first bin. The cards knew better than I (and I doubted them:)).

Bloudwedd

How about when I "interviewed" my new deck and I first got that its limitations were "the World". Oh yeah - first thought that crossed my mind that I owned a really confident deck with no own limtations. Then I realised I had read the cards in the wrong directions so the limitations was really King of Cups, the card that I have come to see as my significator... The limtiations are not within the deck, but within the the reader of the deck! *SIGH*