Honk if you like the new US Games lamination!

Grizabella

I see people saying constantly that they don't like the new plastic-y lamination and thinner card stock of the new US Games cards, but I love it. Surely there are others here who share my love of it. Aren't there????? If there are, maybe you'll weigh in here so I don't feel so much like the Lone Ranger. :)

Arcana XV

If it's the same one they used on the recently released Deviant Moon Tarot or the Fenestra, then you're definitely not alone because I love it too. :)

Gazel

I won't say I love it. But it doesn't bother me. And actually I do like the feel of my Universal Waite.

I know I have written about it still feels very new (or something like that). But I would'nt go to extremes and make it look older, since it is in fact quite new. Why should something new look old. That's how I've come to think of it After reading something you wrote on the subject, Grizabella ;o) I think you were right.

Besides I don't know how to, and I don't think I have the patience for the Umbrae method, and I think maybe there is something right about that it will be around here with the scorpions and so after some future nuclear disaster ;o)

I have spild cola on the Page of Pentacles, that's my stain on it.

Gazel

Owl Song

/HONK

I absolutely love it. I find the cards shuffle beautifully. And the decks could probably survive a cataclysm.

What more could one ask for? ;)

Dwaas

Honk!!

Workhorse decks that travel in purses and bags, that perform under any circumstance, be it in a bar or at the beach or where ever, those decks need strong lamination to survive. Wipe 'm off if needed and on to work again. I am happy that us games makes such sturdy decks.

tarotlyn

HONKING here too... I love it...cards are easy to shuffle...

And for any usgames odor:
I just keep incense cones inside the tarot bag because it helps to get rid of any
"new" card odors.

:) :love: tarotlyn

Penny Dreadfuls

I really love and enjoy it too! I don't see what the big deal is, I've heard the newer cards called just 'plastic' with images on them, they're not that bad!

I love how they shuffle and feel. Also how well they stand up to daily use, you don't need gloves on when using them or toting them in your bag.

BodhiSeed

:DHONK!!!:D
I like it because it does help the cards shuffle easily and I don't feel like I have to handle these cards with kid gloves.
I've never had a problem airing out a deck if it happened to have a smell.

Logiatrix

So far, I really like it for the newly published decks; the plastic sheen makes sense with those. The deck I have with that lamination is the Radiant Rider, and I'm pleased with it. It's nice to have a deck that will endure cola rings and diner muck.

On the other hand...I had a chance to open a newer Albano-Waite a couple of weeks ago, thinking I might replace my old one, and I could tell it would take some getting used to. To me, the heavy lamination seems weird on the older decks like the Albano-Waite, Morgan-Greer, or Aquarian. Not a bad thing, just odd, like reupholstering a Louis XIII chair in shiny vinyl.

No Albano-Waite purchase that day, but I'll be back; like I said, I'll get used to it. I know I will, because I like the idea of a "workhorse" deck that will truly last.
:)

LinaBabii

*HONK* I love it.
I'm obessive compulsive about keeping my decks pretty and new looking, and the lamination lets me do just that and still be able to use them.
Plus, I love the new deck smell. Just like the new car smell, but better.