Scents for a Deck

Silverlotus

There was a thread recently about different methods of scenting a deck. That, along with a recent Tarot Connection podcast, got me thinking about which scents I would use for each of my decks if I were so inclined. So, I'm wondering, even if you haven't scented your decks, are there particular scents you think would go well with them.

For example,
Robin Wood - I have an oil called "Walk in a Rose Garden" that is rose and green things, which I think would fit the deck very well
Thoth - sandalwood or maybe patchouli
Aquarian - patchouli

Anyone else have ideas?

thorhammer

A year or so ago, when I got my first Hanson-Roberts, it stank so badly that I spent three weeks or so doing the most elaborate de-odourising you've ever seen :D And during that, I imbued the deck with Palmarosa oil, which is sweet, slightly floral, with just the faintest woodiness. That scent will forever conjure the Hanson-Roberts deck, for me.

Others? I'd have to think about it for a bit . . .

Great question.

\m/ Kat

Le Fanu

Funny, but I got the Tarot of the Master at around the same time as I started using the new Diesel perfume.

That smell always conjours up the fanciful, florid, flowery scent of this deck.

Maybe not what you had in mind, but anyway...

morticia monroe

I have scented a few of my decks, the ones that seemed to call for it....

Victorian Romantic- lavender

Golden- sandalwood

Secret Forest- musk

Fantastic Menagerie- lemongrass

All are VERY lightly scented,,,,they turned out great.

Silverlotus

You know, I've been thinking about my Aquarian and I'm going to change the scent. I would probably use Nag Champa on it or with it it if didn't already smell like rose petals and cedar (thanks to the way I stored it for years).

I still haven't decided what my Merryday would smell like. Something green maybe, although I'm almost tempted to say vanilla since I find both comforting.

MysticalMoose

I have scented a few decks, some on purpose & one by accident! My DruidCraft & Mythic are both wrapped in cloths with a Nag Champa stick in its folds & so they smell of that.
My Nigel Jackson is in a small wooden box that also has a little organza bag containing someDragons Blood incense & so they smell lovely!
My Pearls of Wisdom has a heavy floral smell quite by accident as it was in my handbag & my daughter borrowed from a pocket in my bag a tiny bottle of concentrated oil perfume that a friend brought back from India for me....she put it back next to the deck which was wrapped in a spreadcloth & there must have been some oil on the little bag that the bottle sat in & so now that deck has a very strong but lovely smell .Now we have nicknamed the perfume "pearls of wisdom" as we dont know what its called as we cannot understand the writing :laugh:
Other than those, the decks I keep in my desk drawer or portable altar box usually smell of a mixture of incenses.
This is a good thread!

:) MM

All Is One

I don't know how to scent a deck...sounds like sprinkle some scented oil or perfume on a cloth and wrap the deck in it? I liked the vanilla suggestion, Silverlotus. I always feel good when I smell vanilla.

I'd like to try scenting my decks if I were certain that the oil would stay away from the cards.