Do you go to others?

morticia monroe

I read quite a few threads about members who either regularly or occasionally go to other professional readers.

Do you do this for another's take on your situation, to "check out" someone else's reading style, or even possibly just out of curiosity?

So how many of you actally go to other readers. Do any of you go regularly? And finally, WHY do you go, in lieu of reading for yourself?

GryffinSong

Friends and I will read for each other. I've never gone to a pro.

Aerin

I have been to one pro reader only once (Sulis in fact via TABI's site, and she didn't know who I was on here when I requested through her website).

I didn't want to exchange: not resourceful enough at the time and I didn't like to ask for a freebie even though there were people I could have asked, ditto.

I had read for myself but wanted an outside, more objective view.

I would do it again gladly under similar circumstances. Or possibly for a treat. A good experience.

I would not go to just anyone, I would want to check them out to some extent first. For example, I'd want to know that they would read the actual cards and relate them to my circumstances and question (as against random statements seemingly unrelated to the cards).

Aerin

poivre

I have been to all kind of readers. I go to "see" how they
do what they do.
Love the information.
Some have been referred others are at the fairs and expos.

I go whenever I get the chance.

Everyone has their own way of telling us information and
it's all very interesting.

I would say it is educational and I'll go again and again!

ros
:)

ruski_svet

I've been to two readers recently. To see others' styles and skill and of course if they could help me out! One impressed me more, but I have to wait and see what comes around and if what she said checks out.

There's no harm in going to other readers, as long as you don't mind spending the money and don't do it too often. You'll get to know what you like in a reading and offer that to others.

Hooked on TdM

I've had my mother read for me and friends. I went to a pro once, about seven years ago. The crap he told me is still happening! He was rather amazing. Sadly he passed away the next year.

Hooked

starrystarrynight

I've had in-person professional readings from four (I think) different readers--and more than once from each of them. They were all dead on and quite astounding! I have a hard time reading for myself :).

I've also had a lot of readings here, and don't forget, many ATers are professional readers, as well.

Baroli

Alot of my friends are pros, but I will only go to those who honestly "know" me. What do I mean by that? The person I am thinking of (I have known this person for years and years), will know what my question or dilemma or whatever, is before I even ask about it. 9 times out of 10, that person doesn't even use the cards. They just "know." I have gotten phone calls at night from that person with a concerned voice and we just sit and talk. And then, we will read each other on the phone. lol.

I have also gotten some very wonderful readings from the people here at AT and I think that's really cool. :thumbsup:

celticnoodle

I've been going to professional readers since I was about 14yrs. old. My mother was a professional, but never read for us kids really. She always went to this restaurant who would also host 3 or 4 different tarot card readers. You had to purchase a dinner to get a reading done and the reading also cost you a few dollars. It was a special treat that we enjoyed with my mom about every 3 or 4mos. Sometimes we'd meet other family members there and sometimes we brought friends along also. They were for the most part GREAT tarot card readers. Not sure how my mom ever stumbled onto this group.

We also would try various other places for readings, and some we liked as well, some we didn't like. Every few years we have a party and bring this tarot reading lady in to read the cards for all our guests--but she won't allow more then 10 or 12 in one party. That is usually fairly pricey considering the others we go to--as we generally pay I believe about $30.00 for a 15 minute reading--but again she is good! so once in awhile, we do this, and it's fun with a group of us together!

I love to go to other readers. Maybe it is just out of curiosity, but it's fun. I won't generally pay more then $40.00 for a tarot reading though--and no more then $60.00 for a psychic reading. Just my limit.

celeste

I go once a year, usually on my birthday, to a professional reader in the community just to get a totally objective view of the next calendar year for me. Some readers who tout themselves as professionals arn't and I generally know who they are because many who come to me complain about them. The good professional readers are the ones who are quiet about it and usually are referred by others. They don't need a half page ad to get business or even read in a coffee shop sometimes.