need some advice on gilded or silver decks

aceofhearts

I dont know if there is a previous thread on this or not. I am unsure of which Deck to purchase.
I have a amazon voucher for £45. I am worried I will not use it and the date will run out. I am simply no good at deciding so, I need some advice from those with good experiences with decks.
I have been informed that the Etesni golden tarot has some disturbing images. Thanks for the heads up on that one!
Any advice is welcome.

Le Fanu

The deck is this one:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/estensi-golden-renaissance/index.shtml

There is also a site which has all the images. What´s that site called? Draks tarot library? Something like this. Do a search or maybe someone else has the link. Am in a bit of rush! But you can see all the cards there

But in answer to your question; there are no disturbing images in this deck IMO. Not that I know of. It´s a very beautiful deck. But then I don´t know what you consider disturbing.

I find the girls in the Robin Wood deck disturbing, but that´s just me... :)

Le Fanu

P:S; a bit of advice on Golden and Silver decks. there are quite a few now. I love ´em, and have my favourites, but I think you will find from members on this board that the timeless favourites are

Kat Black´s Golden tarot
The Gilded Tarot
Also, of course, The Bohemian Gothic Silver edition, but you won´t find that so easily, and certainly not on amazon.

But these first two (not, I hasten to add, necessarily my favourites) are considered well-loved by most here at AT

aceofhearts

Thanks I will be sure to check them out and draks library. I will also look in a local bookstore and see if they have any copies that are open. Sometimes they allow you to view them. Looks like its become really popular then to make gilded decks. So,Much choice though and hard to decide!
catch you another time and off to get some food.

Le Fanu

my own personal faves (for what it´s worth);

Bohemian Gothic Silver
Golden tarot of Klimt
Golden Tarot of the Tsar

GreenMoonBeam

Kat Black's Golden Tarot may well appear on my wish-list...:): I read that
other thread and then found this deck. Sighs.

Sphinxmoth

Don't forget to look at the Golden Botticelli and Nefertari's. Nefertari's is a personal favorite of mine. The Mantegna is awfully pretty, and oh-so-silvery, though not a tarot.

firefrost

A few months ago I couldn't decide between the Golden Botticelli and Kat Black's Golden.

The de-enabling thread sorted me out and now I'm the proud owner of Kat Black's Golden and I love it.

I use it a lot in the ISG circle.

AJ

Is the Gilded gilded? I don't remember it being so, but then I had it a very short time...