I'm a newbie and I'm in awe!

sillyputty

I'm really in awe that my first few attempts at reading tarot cards are working! Does that mean I have psychic abilities or that tarot cards have magical powers?

Lillie

The cards are just pieces of card.

So it must be something you are doing!!! :)

ruski_svet

Welcome, putty. Easy there, the cards are not magical. You may or may not be psychic, but you seem to be picking up on impressions the cards give you. It's awesome when you get readings that make sense though. Enjoy your visits here.

sillyputty

Thanks. I hope this wasn't a fluke and that I do have the knack to be a Tarot reader. I guess I'll just have to see.

aceofhearts

Just to say enjoy the cards and all the best. I believe in tarot as a tool similar to using a crystal ball. I put my faith and belief in them and so far they have served me well. I think its belief and if you love the deck then it helps too. so many people believe in tarot here and I am sure many will be glad to help you on your journey enjoy it and all the best.

Happy to hear of someone else enjoying the tarot.

Allison70

The way I see it, the cards are a tool helping us access our subconscious and intuition. Not magic, and not psychic in the broad public sense.

Can I ask whether these were readings regarding yourself, or where you reading for someone else?

sillyputty

I tried three readings so far. One was on myself (posted in the Your Readings board). The other two were on two other people where I know their situations very well. The results that turned up for all three readings were in relation to the situations and the questions asked and they all made sense.

Allison70

Sounds like you're off to a great start!

I think there are many ways cards can be interpreted, and so from this you can learn what the cards mean *to you*, and then be better able to interpret them if you are doing a reading for a situation that's less familiar.

Keep it up!

lilacmoonbeam

Allison70 said:
The way I see it, the cards are a tool helping us access our subconscious and intuition. Not magic, and not psychic in the broad public sense.

That's how I feel about the cards :) I completely agree.

I feel it's more down to your instincts etc. But everyone has their own beliefs on it :) Whatever you want to believe is fine :)

Your doing well !!

Like myself I'm new and I too have been amazed at what has come back :) Well done!

Abrac

sillyputty said:
I'm really in awe that my first few attempts at reading tarot cards are working! Does that mean I have psychic abilities or that tarot cards have magical powers?
Maybe a little of both. :)