I'm a newbie and I'm in awe!

SunChariot

sillyputty said:
I'm really in awe that my first few attempts at reading tarot cards are working! Does that mean I have psychic abilities or that tarot cards have magical powers?

There are "magical" powers involved, but the magic is inside you not in the cards. You yourself are a "magical" being. All humans are in fact. No it does not necessarily mean you are psychic. Although you might be, it is not a necessary part of reading well. We all have these powers inside us, part of who we are as human beings but they are not shown to us or encouraged by the society most of us live in that values things that can be scientifically proven over things that can't.

It's a part of what it means to be human to have these instincts. Like how you get vibes from people, can tell when someone is not trustworthy soon after you meet them even if they have done nothing concretely wrong.

We live in helpful universe, in the sense that if we seek answers (using cards is one way) they will be given to us. And we all have an innate ability to comprend those answers, to talk with our higher powers or however you view the place the answers come from.It always seems sad to me that we are not encouraged more to realize that this is who we are as humans, beings with an amazing magical power to connect.

And of course like any skill we improve at it with practice.

Babs

SunChariot

sillyputty said:
Thanks. I hope this wasn't a fluke and that I do have the knack to be a Tarot reader. I guess I'll just have to see.

And no, it's not a fluke. You're just starting out on a wonderful journey that is going to teach you that you are much more than you have been taught to believe. Welcome to the journey that is Tarot.

Babs

sillyputty

I'm back boasting about further results of some practice readings I've been doing. I'm just pretty excited that I wanted to share my results.

I pulled out one card each to represent certain people - The results were pretty spot on.
I asked about my job - I had to laugh at the results but they seemed pretty accurate.
I asked a few other things and the results were what I anticipated.

Lion-O

First of all a warm welcome to the wonderful world of Tarot from me too (yes, I know it might sound cliche, but thats not how its meant). Just keep in mind not to get too much carried away. The Tarot deck can indeed be a powerful tool which is very useful for unlocking (or maybe better put: better visualizing) certain bits of information but in the end its still you who is piecing the bits of information together.

Still, I fullheartly agree; this is indeed quite a different kind of hobby which can indeed strike awe.

Raindance

I have four decks. I tend to think of them as "old friends." It's fun to visit, enjoy, look back, look forward... It's kind of like going to the hair salon and chatting with my stylist--only I'm not forking over $100 for hair color. *snicker*

Discordia

^

That is SO true.

At times, I feel like I'm chatting with a great friend (my inner "knowing"), who knows everything about me and is looking out for me best interest - hey, my deck and I have been through a lot together!

Sillyputty, I hope you continue to have loads of fun with Tarot. You have a great attitude.

:)

x.