Psychic hot lines

JBerry

Disclaimer: I apologize if this topic has been thoroughly hashed, but a search of this forum did not yield much info.

I'm a professional reader. I live in a remote wilderness community and would like to expand my work. An acquaintance recommended that I work as an on-line tarot reader with circleofstars.com.

I checked their website. For one thing, without actually submitting an application, I'm clueless about their rates other than that they offer incentives for the amount of time you read weekly, return clients etc.

Do any of you have experience with these types of outfits? Any pointers on the nuts & bolts financials? Good sites/bad sites? What to look out for?

I'm less interested in how to do the readings; more interested in how to make decent money doing them.

I would appreciate any advice or information.

Thanks

Juna

lunalafey

Any time you put yourself in a place where there is a middle man, you are going to out a percentage of $.
Though I am not sure what is worse- doing 10 of readings and getting paid (example) $100 over a weeks time.
Or to do 5 readings over two weeks time and getting paid $100.
energy-time-money-energy-time-money.....

I know that some people here are on liveperson and do well. I am not sure what it is that they have done to make it work for them. Perhaps being able to chat at anytime is a BIG factor. I have tried, but I am not on the computer enough to make it work for me. I am owed a small amount from liveperson, I think they pay once a month and only if it reaches a certain amount, and then they also take (?) 17% if memory serves me right.
That is not a giant percentage, but when you have to 'compete' with those that are online all the time, had gathered a nice porfolio of reviews and all that- *sigh* -it just does not work for a working person.

If you are where I believe you to be, then you probably stay at home as much as possible, long way to town....so liveperson might just be the thing for you.

Lavandula

I haven't done any work for hotlines personally, but I have heard from other readers that there are definitely good and bad ones out there. Things to look out for - encouraging readers to keep the client on the line for long periods to keep the fees rolling in. Also, some lines charge a fee per minute, and the reader only gets a very small percentage of that.

Offering incentives for readers to get clients coming back is fine if it's also in the clients' best interest. Look at their policies, consider "what's in it for the hotline?" and decide how that works with your own ethics as a reader.