Help Choosing A New Deck?

Dragon-Capricorn

Okay, I'm starting to become a little addicted.

I don't post on AT all the time, but I check it all the time and read what people have to say every day.

I started on the Gilded about 4 months or so ago and I love it. LOVE IT. I really feel a connection with it.

But for fun and convenience I would like to have an extra deck.

I'm going to choose something besides the Gilded, but I really need some help here - I feel like I'm spending all of my time in the cards section looking at the hundreds of cards.

Maybe someone can help? Here is what I'm looking for:

With the wands, cups, swords, pentacles - I actually want to SEE wands, cups, swords & pentacles in the artwork. I also want the artwork to be vivid. And no scary monsters ;-)

So ... I'm looking for the Gilded, but not the Gilded. LOL Any suggestions besides buying another Gilded for a backup?

TIA,
DC

Sinduction

I love the Gilded, a lot. But as far as color, I really think there is no other deck that compares, except for the Tarot of Dreams which is probably a bit of an extravagant purchase. I had to wait and wait before I could afford it.

But here's the link anyway:
http://www.ciromarchetti.com/Tarot&Zodiac-ToD.html

My other two favorites are the Robin Wood. Does have some nudity.

And the Fantastical. That might be too dark for you.

Neither of those really compare to the beauty of the Gilded, but they are the other two that I read with. And I believe both are easy to find.

Good luck with your search! :D

Gavriela

If you wanted a change of pace, how about something like the Vanessa? Sharp, funny, reads well, comes in a tin, and No Scary Monsters :)

Le Fanu

Kat Black´s Golden Tarot? Sumptuous, readable, suit symbols evident and ...er... golden.

I always think this would be a wonderful first (or in your case, second) deck.

Wonderful 200th deck come to think of it.

Alan Ross

The upcoming Mystic Dreamer Tarot may be worth a look when it comes out. I believe it's scheduled for a late September release. Like the Gilded, it will come bundled with a companion book by Barbara Moore. You can find previews for a few cards here on AT, but the card borders look different than what's shown on the Llewellyn and Amazon.com sites.

Alan

Dragon-Capricorn

Okay ... it's all over. I saw the Tarot of Dreams and I absolutely, positively have to have it.

It's gorgeous. Wow.

Overtime at work - here I come!!!

Thank you everyone for your responses. I also did like the DruidCraft from the few cards that I saw. But when I saw the TofD, it really was over for me. Must have it.

DC