Automated Online Thoth Reading

M-Tarot-M

There are a few websites where a form of software generates a personal reading. These have contributed to my belief that every card in a deck is relevant to every moment in some way. Yet, I recently discovered this website. The two readings I have received have been dead-on accurate all the way down to the physical description of the person. It happened in both readings. If this were a person performing the readings I would consider them very good at tarot and suspect they also used natural psychic abilities. This being automated software stirs up my idea of what could be taking place with such a reading.

The Crowley Thoth On-line Tarot Reading

Demon Goddess

Ooooh, I'm game.

I typed in "Describe my relationship with Greg".

Then hit enter.

It tells me: The significator is in the "Heh Final" Pack,
which suggests:

Money, Goods, and Material Matters

hit proceed...

the first card appears to be the Hermit, and the rest of the cards are laid out quite nicely, but I can't click on the card... it may not work with Firefox.

Let's try this again in MS Exploder...

Same question.

It tells me: The significator is in the "Yod" Pack,
which suggests:
Work or Business

so, I hit proceed, and I get the 7 of Disks...

The Seven of Disks: Failure. Unprofitable speculation and employment. Little gain for much labor. Promises of success unfulfilled. Loss of apparently promising fortune. Hopes deceived and crushed. Disappointment. Misery, slavery, necessity and baseness. A cultivator of land, and yet is a loser thereby. Sometimes it denotes slight and isoleted gains with no fruits resulting therefrom, and of no further account, though seeming to promise well. Honorable work undertaken for the love of it, and without desire of reward.

Well, since both my love life with Greg and my business are going really really well, I'm not even remotely convinced that this site is capable of reading regardless of the fact that it's the Thoth. :)

Glass Owl

The site doesn't work in FireFox but works fine in IE.

M-Tarot-M

I access it using Safari. I noticed the card isn't what is clickable. There is an offset rectangle that contains the link. I think this is what happens with Safari only however it is apparent they do not have this optimized for all browsers. Try clicking all around the card. The linked area may not be aligned perfectly but it could still be nearby if it works at all in your particular browser.

I was able to access and used it with Firefox as well.

Maybe I'm special.

EDIT: Demon Goddess- It used a Celtic Cross spread both times I used it. You have to see the whole reading before deciding whether it is off or not. The Significator can be a clue to what the reading reveals and you may not relate to it immediately.

Alta

I did a reading with it and found the results strikingly on-target for the issue.

Essjay

Hmm - I also did a reading and both of my daily cards that I drew this morning were in it.

This is the first time I've had a proper look at the Thoth in (sort of) action. Very impressive site.

Syrah

Wow. It's a bit freakish how accurate it was for me.

Excellent site. I'm bookmarking it. =)

shadowmon

yea wow it was also pretty accurate for me :O

GreenMoonBeam

Ermm. Did not work in Firefox as stated. Did in IE. On my! Gulps. Yes. Ermm.

accurate? Sure thing.

M-Tarot-M

What version number is your browser?

If you were to solicit technical support to remedy this problem what is one of the first things you would need to know? Let's include the browser version you are using when you state whether the site worked for you or not in a post.

With software, especially internet browsers and add-ons like Flash or Java, the version is critical. Your browser needs to be kept current with the most recent update available. However, this could also be a case where an outdated website does not work properly using the current software.

My versions worked although the images and the links were a little out of sync:

I'm on a Mac.

Safari 3.0.4
(close to, if not, the latest. I am using Tiger OSX 10.4.11 not Leopard 10.5.?)

Firefox 2.0.0.16
(3.1 is the latest)

Thank you