Automated Online Thoth Reading

Demon Goddess

M-Tarot-M said:
If you were to solicit technical support to remedy this problem what is one of the first things you would need to know? Let's include the browser version you are using when you state whether the site worked for you or not in a post.

With software, especially internet browsers and add-ons like Flash or Java, the version is critical. Your browser needs to be kept current with the most recent update available. However, this could also be a case where an outdated website does not work properly using the current software.

My versions worked although the images and the links were a little out of sync:

I'm on a Mac.

Safari 3.0.4
(close to, if not, the latest. I am using Tiger OSX 10.4.11 not Leopard 10.5.?)

Firefox 2.0.0.16
(3.1 is the latest)

Thank you

Errr, I wasn't looking for technical support. I simply opened IE instead. If it helps, I am using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3

M-Tarot-M

Come on Demon!

I was just making the point that the browser version is just as significant as the browser when websites do not work like they are expected to. It is better to be as specific as we can so the conflicting information begins to make sense. There is a lot of misinformation posted. The site works for people using the same browser that others are using who cannot access a reading. The problem is not the browser. It is most likely the version of different browsers. That can be remedied if we are clear about what does and does not work.

Think of everything like tarot card reading... many things take some unraveling. You have to have an open mind and give life a chance. Or you would have given up the cards after one spread.

There is a book out there all about golf......as in Tiger Woods. But it isn't about golf it is about life. The ball lands. You take your best shot from there. But you have to be willing to play. I don't know whether you care about golf but we are all here to experience life. Apply yourself with the highest integrity in all things you are involved with and there will be endless prizes in the form of lessons given to you in return.

:) Please enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Syrah

I use Firefox - version 3.0.3. It does work, but it's tricky - the links for me were just beside the bottom left corner of each card. It's not a large area, but it's there.

I do think the website was designed for IE. But I always have both browsers, so if a website doesn't work in Firefox, I pull up IE.

shadowedge

hi everyone, its been a while! Kamusta!

browser aside, :)
I was planning to make a thread about my inquiry, but this one seems relevant to what I was going to ask.

A friend of mine from friendster is asking me to give her an online tarot reading. At first I thought how can I do that without her physical presence and her energy mixing up with the cards?

So though i haven't tried this automated reading site yet - it tells me that our physical presence/energies aren't as important as i thought they were? Im a bit confused...

And I'm worried that if i do decide to read for her online - that the reading might get heavily influenced by my knowledge and opinion about her.

So is it a good idea to do so? And does a tarot reading require a human reader and his/her presence?

Your thoughts are most welcome...

Best,

J

thorhammer

Hello, shadowedge :) when you have a look around, you'll see many of us ATers doing readings for one another right here on the site. Those of us either performing or partaking of the readings don't see a problem with the querent not being present - I'm one of those. Go hard, do your friend's reading if you want the challenge, see what pops into your headspace from the great soup outside it :)

Incidentally, I just did a reading on the automated site about a path that has grabbed me in the last 24 hours or so. The reading seemed to be very accurate; certainly very promising in the short to mid term, anyway. I felt it connected with me enough that I saved it, with the notebook thingy on the site.

I like it. Gonna bookmark the sucker.

\m/ Kat

shadowedge

thanks thorshammer... very very sound advice.

I tried the online reading... wow..accurate down to the last card. Impressive very impressive.

I never thought i could every get a good reading from a program. Simply amazing.

Simply amazing...

All Is One

M-tarot-M: Thanks for the reading! I got the Sun in the outcome position and the last online reading I did was with Kat's Touchstone....three card reading, same result.

Very good news.

Appreciate the site!

paisleyesque

!

Jeez, this really was right on point. I saw the very cards that seem to appear constantly in all my readings lately... What a great link.

All Is One

Yep....and free is good. I don't mind the oddly set click spots. It still works perfectly.

I wonder why they offer it free, but what a nice thing to do.

Like that light a candle site we've been using on another thread....sort of a public service.