Burned out on Tarot

LovelyMissAries

I've been reading Tarot every day straight, for the majority of the day, for about 5 months now. I think I was at the peak of my reading skills after about 2 or 3 months when I started seeing "extra" things in the cards and really hitting readings on the head, accuracy wise. However, I've been doing more readings face-to-face than online, and when I'm explaining to them what the cards mean, I find myself sounding really generic but not knowing any other way to explain it to them. It's almost as if my skills have faded somehow.

Any ideas on how to bring them back?
Do you think this is my intuition's way of telling me it's time for a new deck?

Forgive me if this thread seems to have no point but I needed to address this nagging issue somewhere!

nisaba

I simply think you need a couple of days off to rest, to look at the sky, to not even think about Tarot at all. Give yourself weekends. People will wait for you if they think you're any good.

Dusk Till Dawn

If you feel somehow Burned Out, maybe you should take a break. Take time off. I wouldn't force things "back" , I don't think there is a way to.It's like waiting for a phone call, and it never rings... Maybe it's time to get a new Deck, if you feel to study something new. If you can't see anything new in your old Deck, then you should get another one. But take time. It's fun to look at new Decks, I could do that all day, and it relaxes also.

Alta

From your description, you need some time away from reading. Any activity, no matter how enjoyable, can be like that if it is over-done. Tarot can be the pleasure of a lifetime, just admire your decks but maybe cut back or even stop reading for a couple of weeks. It'll come back. :)

Alta

canid

Yup, you need a break. What'll probably happen may surprise you; after your time out you'll seem to 'know' more than ever.

Basic Elements

It's simple..just stop for a while. Do something else.

Gennai

Hi, just my way of thinking/feeling, and as like all things it probably doesn't apply across the board, but I do think that after say 6/7 readings then a sort of burn out can happen if you do them one after the other....

If you have been reading tarot all day every day, I agree with the others, you may must need a break. Also, think back to the readings that you have given prior to feeling "off beat" with the cards. Did you come across some one who was particularly fed up or burnt out? - I do think that often there is an exchange of energies... So do try a break, do things you love doing, relax a little, maybe do some cleansing of where you read and your decks, also try giving something when you are better, and then try and see what happens when you go back to reading. With the giving, it could be maybe reading cards for a charity, giving a donation - you can give money or time, or make something for a good cause - see how you get on but I am sure you will be okay in time.

Sulis

Goodness me, if you've been reading 'for the majority of the day, for about 5 months' I'm not surprised you're burned out.

Take a break... Stop reading, you do tons of readings anyway.
I'm sure it will come back eventually but I think this is just a case of overkill.

moderndayruth

Starlight09 said:
I've been reading Tarot every day straight, for the majority of the day, for about 5 months now. I think I was at the peak of my reading skills after about 2 or 3 months when I started seeing "extra" things in the cards and really hitting readings on the head, accuracy wise. However, I've been doing more readings face-to-face than online, and when I'm explaining to them what the cards mean, I find myself sounding really generic but not knowing any other way to explain it to them. It's almost as if my skills have faded somehow.
I think its good that you know and can give generic meanings too, because, at least in my experience, we are not always at our 'peak' with insights, accuracy and "extra things" and sometimes we do need the generic meanings. I know your style of readings from YR, its not that you learned lwb by heart and just parrot those, you always (at least for what i 've seen ;)) make sense, so its more, like, you using "traditional" meanings imo.

Starlight09 said:
Any ideas on how to bring them back?
Do you think this is my intuition's way of telling me it's time for a new deck?

Forgive me if this thread seems to have no point but I needed to address this nagging issue somewhere!

As everyone else said - take a rest for some time, and than, why not, try a new Tarot deck or maybe get yourself some oracle.
It happens to the best of us, don't warry! ;)

HearthCricket

I think we would all be burned out if we read that often! You've been busy and need a break. Moderation in all things! However, it would not hurt to work with a new deck when you get back into it. It may give you a fresh outlook on tarot and see things in a new light that will help gain back your intuition on a new level. :)