reversing the effects of overreading

SilentBreeze

So I've been doing too many readings about the same situation, because I'm really concerned about it, and now I've realized I over read because I feel more confused then ever and I can't decide if the result is positive or negative. I know there are threads about this happening to others as well. But I wonder if there is a way to reverse it, and bring clarity back to the situation.

NorthernTigress

SilentBreeze said:
So I've been doing too many readings about the same situation, because I'm really concerned about it, and now I've realized I over read because I feel more confused then ever and I can't decide if the result is positive or negative. I know there are threads about this happening to others as well. But I wonder if there is a way to reverse it, and bring clarity back to the situation.

I would say you have two choices. You can either ask someone else to do a reading for you, so that they will have fresh energy and a new perspective. Or you can deliberately put the subject aside for a period of time, promise not to do *any* readings on that topic, and come back later when *you* are fresh.

Basic Elements

I would recommend not preforming any further readings on the matter. Look for your solution in other ways, or try to meditate on the meaning of the readings you have already done. Performing many readings on the same topic to me suggests of trying until you get the results that suit your preference. If you try to impose your will upon the reading, you're bound to end in frustration.

le fey

It may sound counter intuitive to suggest a reading to avoiding overreading a situation, but...

When I've caught myself doing this, I will lay a card at the end of a reading for 'what needs to happen before I read on this again'. Not entirely the same thing as just putting it out of your mind, but when that's not working, it at least gives you something a bit more concrete to watch for... the next milestone, so to speak.

Umbrae

It's real easy to get lost, by reading the map and not looking at the surroundings.

Don't confuse the map with the journey...

And now that you've had the realization, put the map down, and just enjoy the journey. The map will be there later...

Basic Elements

Umbrae said:
It's real easy to get lost, by reading the map and not looking at the surroundings.

Don't confuse the map with the journey...

And now that you've had the realization, put the map down, and just enjoy the journey. The map will be there later...

well said :D Balance is key.

SilentBreeze

I've stopped myself from doing readings on the topic. I've gotten a few done by others as well. They are mostly positive but too positive so I keep on reading until I get something that isnt positive and contradictory, then I get confused. And I know its bad, but it's gotten to be like a crutch. So I stopped reading but I'm still so confused...Maybe meditating might help.

thanks for the replies.

tigerlily

SilentBreeze said:
They are mostly positive but too positive so I keep on reading until I get something that isnt positive and contradictory, then I get confused.
Right there lies your problem. Do what Umbrae said, relax and let it go. As long as you preselect the answer, there is no point in asking.

SilentBreeze

I should probably stick to readings others have done for me, they are much more objective.

minrice

Readings by others are good as long as you don't start obsessively getting readings on the same topic again so that you get confused again. As hard as it is I think you should let the cards rest on the matter, for now anyway. It doesn't sound like at this point it is productive or even helping you. The answer you are looking for apparently isn't there right now, and maybe you're not supposed to know it.