Has this ever happened to you and would the reading still be 'valid'?

littlestar

Have you ever pulled a few cards and left them to one side and forgotten them and without realising shuffled the remaining cards and did a reading with them?

Would the reading still be 'valid' considering it had missing cards?

Grizabella

I don't believe anything happens by accident, so I'd still think they'd be valid. If you don't feel that they were, though, then if they were for yourself, you could do them all over with the full deck. If they were for someone else, then I'd just let them stand or maybe give the person you were reading for the chance to get them redone.

Bottom line, though, I think, as I said, that there are no accidents and that the readings are valid. :)

Nevada

I agree with Grizabella. I've had this happen, and didn't find that the resulting readings felt as if they were missing anything. But those were readings for myself. If reading for someone else I might have misgivings.

Necie

I've done this tons of times....shuffle, a few fall out unbeknown to me (usually cause I shuffle with my eyes closed)...I lay the cards out..do the reading and then discover my "mistake". Since the number of cards left out are usually under 5, I just turn them over and read them however I see fit-whether that be by distributing them on top of the already laid out cards, or just as an accent to the over all message.

I suppose the short way to answer this is to say that I use the "missing" cards in the reading they were "missing from". hehe

rwcarter

I hate to jump aboard the "Me too" train, but I don't believe there are any accidents when it comes to tarot. Those cards weren't relevant to the next reading you did, so it was OK for you to forget to shuffle them back in.

Rodney

214red

yes and yes, there are a number of ways the cards get their message across.

I have had the situation when i get repeat cards, i take the cards out that are repeating and try again, and the cards tell me again using different cards

Nytebugg

I believe it would still be valid. those cards got left out for a reason.

faithnlight

I so agree with the rest...dealing with tarot nothing really happens by accident...just as you mentioned missing including the left out cards....i have had several similar instances where particular cards have either flipped themselves...or even jumped off the deck :) and undoubtely there is always a reason why the cards functions so...
That said, the reading still would stand valid

Tanu

Mellaenn

If we can believe that a shuffle of the cards will arrange the perfect order of cards to be laid out into the spread (and we do) and that "jumpers" are important and should be noted with special interest, then it should follow that cards that get laid aside and are not shuffled into the spread are clearly meant not to be in the reading.

I would, however, note what cards they were and to me, they would be information as well. For example; I might interpret a left out "Temperance" to mean a lack of balance or moderation; as usual, it would depend on the context of the situation.

nisaba

playing devil's advocate here

Mellaenn said:
If we can believe that a shuffle of the cards will arrange the perfect order of cards to be laid out into the spread (and we do) and that "jumpers" are important and should be noted with special interest, then it should follow that cards that get laid aside and are not shuffled into the spread are clearly meant not to be in the reading.
So ...

If I were a good and kind person ...

I could simply edit all my working decks, removing anything contentious like half the Swords, the Tower, the Devil, some of the Cups ... any card that could remotely be connected with unhappiness, and hey presto, all my clients' future lives would be okay?

<clears throat>