How do you ask the question??

susy

When your shuffling the deck to do a reading how do you do the question?? For example, let's say you want to know if the relationship will work, or if someone is cheating or if that will be the right job for you, how do you ask? What do you say??

I've seen people saying little prayers before asking the question. To me, that won't work, 'cause I'm not religious... :p

nisaba

I don't actually say-say anthing. If I have an issue I'd like informatino on, I keep that issue in mind, and if I'm just doing a general reading to see if there's anything that's been missed, I just keep in mind that relevant information comes through.

Some people have really, really complex ritual-ettes for asking, and/or feel that you get a rubbish reading if you don't ask very specific, pointed questions.

I personally feel that if that's what you believe, that will happen - for you. I trust my decks to tell me whatever needs to come out, and that works, too.

thorhammer

susy said:
When your shuffling the deck to do a reading how do you do the question?? For example, let's say you want to know if the relationship will work, or if someone is cheating or if that will be the right job for you, how do you ask? What do you say??

I've seen people saying little prayers before asking the question. To me, that won't work, 'cause I'm not religious... :p
Sometimes I need to speak out loud when shuffling, if I'm having trouble focusing. It seems to kind of yank my mind back to where it's meant to be, and things go fine from there. But this is only if I'm feeling scattered; mostly, I just focus nebulously on the issue at hand in my mind. If it's for someone else, I sort of put myself in their position, weird as that might sound. It works for me, though. I get a real sense of being "plugged in" to the person and their needs.

\m/ Kat

firefrost

I just close my eyes and concentrate on the question for a few seconds, then draw the cards. Seems to have worked well for me so far.

Having said that, I was reading through this thread earlier and I put a work related question that's been hanging round me for over a year now to it, and the card that came up was totally unassociated with the situation.

I went back in a few minutes later, clicked on a card, and it made sense to my original question!

Go figure!

susy

I usually say the question loud and it's kinda "I want to know if..." and I mentally visualize the situation.

Am I doing the wrong type of question?

Alta

Not if it seems to be working, but if you are not happy with the cards and the results seem vague, then you need to re-think it.

Try some different approaches. I am one of those who reads better with a specific question and then I 'hold' the cards to being those boundaries. It works for me because it keeps my readings focused and I never wind up in one of those "Well, maybe the cards were really referring to...." dilemmas.

Alta